Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uprated Injectors

Fever

I'm sorry to re-opened this subject and if the mods feel that it needs to be closed, please go ahead and do so, but I feel I need to add my input and never had the chance before the original thread was closed...

I would like to highlight the post from Gord below and add my own comments...

Mark, you have tryed the bigger injectors in a supercharged is200 and failed

so i will say again, for them with supercharged is200 (with manifold/induction kit) you dont need bigger injectors.

For them just running standard supercharger set-up you will be fine after all TTE made this for the car

...Right, my car has been used for R&D and as a test bed for various products that TDi now offer for the IS200...so in this debate I have a lot of first hand knowledge and experience!

The first thing I worked on with Mark was the TDi manifold, after all the R&D I drove my car for a week with the manifold fitted, at that time I also had the TTE supercharger and induction kit. The car ran badly due to being under fuelled...this is a fact and I can confirm this because I was driving the car around!! At low acceleration/RPM's the car was ok, but if I floored it or stretched the rev's the fuelling couldn't keep up!

...so the standard fueling setup is not good enough for IS200's running a S/C, manifold and induction kit...FACT!

During this week Mark was sourcing uprated injectors as I'd agreed that I would continue working with him to get the car running right!

My car went back to TDi, the injectors were fitted and an HKS SZ ECU was used...as a result, plain and simple, the car ran great and pulled like a train!

Then the car went back and had the FCON VPro fitted...for future plans! As I explained some cold start issues were encountered so the car went back and Mark sorted them!

Basically, my car is currently on my driveway as we speak and it starts, runs and drives perfectly!!

Thoughtout working with Mark I have seen all dyno results and R&D work findings...what I have experienced is fact not my opinions!!

People are always intitled to their own opinions, but if you have no R&D or test results against the different options that are available, you can't tell someone that they are right or wrong!! TDi are one of the top Japanese car modifiers in the country and they didn't get there by doing things wrong!!

Mark and the guys at TDi have been excellent and the work they have carried out on my car has been first class, I couldn't be happier!!

...on a different note and @ Marcus and Gord, since both of you are the most negative with your thoughts on this subject, I was wondering if you have ever had any work done on your cars by TDi??

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you got your car back now fever?

So you still have it supercharged? What sort of power is it now putting out and what boost are you running?

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Cheers

Lee.

yes mate and it's still supercharged, still running the standard boost (0.3bar) and I've got about 195RWHP, which is roughly 240bhp in pub language! :D

Nice one Neil, I hear your car should be very very good in a little while or so

yeah i hope so! :D

I had a quick butchers around it when I was there a few weeks ago

no worries :lol: ...just as long as you didn't look in the boot...i've seen tidyer skips!! :lol:

I'm sorry to re-opened this subject and if the mods feel that it needs to be closed, please go ahead and do so, but I feel I need to add my input and never had the chance before the original thread was closed...

so i will say again, for them with supercharged is200 (with manifold/induction kit) you dont need bigger injectors.

For them just running standard supercharger set-up you will be fine after all TTE made this for the car

...Right, my car has been used for R&D and as a test bed for various products that TDi now offer for the IS200...so in this debate I have a lot of first hand knowledge and experience!

The first thing I worked on with Mark was the TDi manifold, after all the R&D I drove my car for a week with the manifold fitted, at that time I also had the TTE supercharger and induction kit. The car ran badly due to being under fuelled...this is a fact and I can confirm this because I was driving the car around!! At low acceleration/RPM's the car was ok, but if I floored it or stretched the rev's the fuelling couldn't keep up!

...so the standard fueling setup is not good enough for IS200's running a S/C, manifold and induction kit...FACT!

During this week Mark was sourcing uprated injectors as I'd agreed that I would continue working with him to get the car running right!

My car went back to TDi, the injectors were fitted and an HKS SZ ECU was used...as a result, plain and simple, the car ran great and pulled like a train!

Then the car went back and had the FCON VPro fitted...for future plans! As I explained some cold start issues were encountered so the car went back and Mark sorted them!

Basically, my car is currently on my driveway as we speak and it starts, runs and drives perfectly!!

Thoughtout working with Mark I have seen all dyno results and R&D work findings...what I have experienced is fact not my opinions!!

People are always intitled to their own opinions, but if you have no R&D or test results against the different options that are available, you can't tell someone that they are right or wrong!! TDi are one of the top Japanese car modifiers in the country and they didn't get there by doing things wrong!!

Mark and the guys at TDi have been excellent and the work they have carried out on my car has been first class, I couldn't be happier!!

...on a different note and @ Marcus and Gord, since both of you are the most negative with your thoughts on this subject, I was wondering if you have ever had any work done on your cars by TDi??

No mate never had work done by TDI.

TDI have done things wrong, everyone dose something wrong, including me :D

I will not say more coz the post will be gone, im now going to think about what im doing with my new engine, and when im done thinking, it will be on show for all to see, with standard injectors :D with all the numbers on them :o

as long as you are happy mate with the work :winky:

Why do you think im negative! in asking a :question: i ask mark why he did not fit return line and FPR, and better pump at the same time as the biger Injectors.......as i know one day you will have to!, but mark tryed to make out that i did not know what i was talking about ;) and was saying it dont need one,............untill he came out and said it in his last post "Quote" sooner or later we will have to fit fuel/return and FPR..........

and no i have not had any work done at TDI, why would i go to TDI..............i asked mark for some help once, :question: (was about my plans for Turbo setup) and he did not want to know.........,.and thats why!!

• 2 years later...

If the R&D was done right in the 1st place, and you running 0.3bar then it is a FACT that you dont need injectors mate, you need something to take control of your standard injectors, another FACT, that has been done on turbo car and superchargered running no more than 0.5 boost

So again, as ive said many times, Mark is a salesman and has sold you parts you DID NOT NEED, yes thay might work, but YOU DID NOT NEED THEM......FACT.

The injectors used by Tdi have one hole from which the petrol is squirted............the OEM lexus injectors have 4 holes...............as do the PE injectors.

Typing from my bedroom I may be wrong but hey ho...........I'd say the ecu is expecting the fuel to be delivered in a particuler manner ?

:lol: ...do you know whats funny about all this....I haven't been on LOC for over two years, I come back and Dave and Gord are still bashing TDi like there is no tomorrow...don't you guys have any other hobbies?? I bet the T D and I been well warn off your keyboards?! :lol:

Seriously, you carry on like a bunch of kids in a playground, sad people in their back bedrooms with nothing better to do with their time! What makes me laugh even more is that you feel the need to dig up a thread thats over two years old....I thought I left all this kind of **** behind when I left school children! :D

Also I was always lead to believe that people who continually feel the need to have a pop at someone are either jealous or threatened by that person....dunno, maybe there is some merit in that?!

Anyway I love spending money...and I have spent a lot on my car over the years and loved every penny! But none of you have any idea what I did or didn't pay TDi for! I can't even believe I'm bothering to argue the point either...I have a car that is awesome to drive, end of story!

Oh and on the injectors note, Mark gave me the option to use the standard injectors but I was well aware that they would be pushed to their max capabilities...not something I wanted to risk...also I wanted everything in place for future power enhancements, so I didn't want injectors operating to their max duty cycle! I opted for the uprated injectors and FCON VPro as a personal choice....just in case you're having reading problems today I said me, myself, I opted for them!!

So, money to one side cause that doesn't bother me in the slightest....whats the bit that bugs you the most with this Gord...the fact that I chose TDi to work on my car....or the fact that the work carried out on it was successful? I'll tell you one thing...if TDi had ****** my car up, I would be the first person to come in here and let you all know, but since they haven't, why would I want to join in your bashing of them???

:lol: ...do you know whats funny about all this....I haven't been on LOC for over two years, I come back and Dave and Gord are still bashing TDi like there is no tomorrow...don't you guys have any other hobbies?? I bet the T D and I been well warn off your keyboards?! :lol:

Seriously, you carry on like a bunch of kids in a playground, sad people in their back bedrooms with nothing better to do with their time! What makes me laugh even more is that you feel the need to dig up a thread thats over two years old....I thought I left all this kind of **** behind when I left school children! :D

Also I was always lead to believe that people who continually feel the need to have a pop at someone are either jealous or threatened by that person....dunno, maybe there is some merit in that?!

Anyway I love spending money...and I have spent a lot on my car over the years and loved every penny! But none of you have any idea what I did or didn't pay TDi for! I can't even believe I'm bothering to argue the point either...I have a car that is awesome to drive, end of story!

Oh and on the injectors note, Mark gave me the option to use the standard injectors but I was well aware that they would be pushed to their max capabilities...not something I wanted to risk...also I wanted everything in place for future power enhancements, so I didn't want injectors operating to their max duty cycle! I opted for the uprated injectors and FCON VPro as a personal choice....just in case you're having reading problems today I said me, myself, I opted for them!!

So, money to one side cause that doesn't bother me in the slightest....whats the bit that bugs you the most with this Gord...the fact that I chose TDi to work on my car....or the fact that the work carried out on it was successful? I'll tell you one thing...if TDi had ****** my car up, I would be the first person to come in here and let you all know, but since they haven't, why would I want to join in your bashing of them???

Neil,

I've not said anything anti Tdi just stated a fact that the injectors they use (which you can buy for £45 each) have one hole while the ones I use have four like the OEM one. Its my opinion that that is why the tdi cars have starting problems and run rich.

I may be wrong but hey ho.

On your satisfaction with the work done I've been told different (by 3 different people who have spoken to you) but i try to deal in fact so until you say that you are unhappy I treat it as hearsay so would not make any comment accordingly.

Facts are that the vast majority of people who have had major work done there are not happy.

Could list them but TBH can't be arsed

Your missing the point Neil, it dont bother me where you take your car, spend as much as you like on your car, but when Tdi come on here saying you NEED INJECTORS when you really DONT NEED THEM, that bit get to me.

And im not jealous or threatened by yourself or Tdi, why should i be ?

Well as for Sam(from tdi).............telling Dave Read he dont need the eng/man/light in the dash so he took it out, If the car was mapped right in the 1st place, it would not need taking out, saying it all really, I know of one other, he has taken the eng/man/light out of, is yours working ?

Well if you not been on LOC for sometime now Neil, have a good look, you will see lots of others bashing tdi like no tomorrow, and yes thay have had work done by tdi, Cho even taking them to court. some of them had the same mods as you have Neil, but for some reason, tdi could not get them to run right.

Does your fuel gauge work Fever ? I'm just asking out of interest, since so many who have had the FCON VPro fitted by TDi seem to have a fuel gauge that doesn't work any more.

Yeah it works fine....I remember having a problem at first, but I took it straight back and Phil sorted it for me! It works totally fine now, I drive it well into the red light every time the tank gets low and I've had no other issues since it was fitted!

Dave, Gord...I'm not going to lie, reading around, hearing about what happened to Cho and now Dave Read is certainly worrying! But like I said I can only take something as I find it.

I definitely had some issues with the car in the beginning and had to take it back a few times to get things right! But when I had the work done, I was the first person in the UK to have had these mods on an IS200, so I expected there to be a few teething problems, as with anything that hasn't been tried before! It was frustrating at first and I probably did moan about it...but TDi were always welcoming in having my car back in to get the problems looked at and obviously never charged me for anything on these occasions.

I haven't been to TDi for almost a year now! Mark to one side....I trusted the people that were working on my car, but now that Wanye and Phil have left that's disappointing news!

In fact, now that they don't work for TDi, I think I'm gonna give Wanye a call and see whats up!

Thing is guys, I'm not anti TDi because they haven't ****** my car up. But like they say ignorance is bliss...would I take my car to them if I was a new LOC member, with all these stories to read up on...hell no I wouldn't...and that is worrying!

Fever,

can i ask what mods you have got? as i wasnt around back then

Stav

Hi Stav,

Yeah no worries, engine mods to date are...

TTE Supercharger

TDi uprated Intercooler

TDi maifold

CamCon

Uprated Injectors

HKS FCON VPro

HKS HiPower Silent back box

Fever,

Stav

Hi Stav,

TTE Supercharger

TDi uprated Intercooler

TDi maifold

CamCon

Uprated Injectors

HKS FCON VPro

Hi mate :)

Out of interest, how much power does that lot produce? :question:

Fever,

Stav

Hi Stav,

TTE Supercharger

TDi uprated Intercooler

TDi maifold

CamCon

Uprated Injectors

HKS FCON VPro

Was originally dyno'd at 240 bhp.

Fever,

Stav

Hi Stav,

TTE Supercharger

TDi uprated Intercooler

TDi maifold

CamCon

Uprated Injectors

HKS FCON VPro

presume that is at the fly ?

"originally" does that mean you have had further works or more dyno runs since :winky:

Fever,

Stav

Hi Stav,

TTE Supercharger

TDi uprated Intercooler

TDi maifold

CamCon

Uprated Injectors

HKS FCON VPro

That with the standard 0.3bar pulley?

Do you have a boost gauge in the car? what does that read at full boost? (just asking for info as yemgi mentioned losing boost through the intercooler)

And i though my 230 was inpressive at standard boost :(

Stav

Fever,

Stav

Hi Stav,

TTE Supercharger

TDi uprated Intercooler

TDi maifold

CamCon

Uprated Injectors

HKS FCON VPro

That with the standard 0.3bar pulley?

Do you have a boost gauge in the car? what does that read at full boost? (just asking for info as yemgi mentioned losing boost through the intercooler)

And i though my 230 was inpressive at standard boost :(

Stav

Yeah, all on standard 0.3 bar...I have a boost gauge also...always reads a steady 0.3bar and I've never had any problems with loss of boost pressure.

:lol: ....I feel like I'm some kind of lucky one here!