Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uprated Injectors

Fever

Fever,

can i ask what mods you have got? as i wasnt around back then

Stav

Hi Stav,

Yeah no worries, engine mods to date are...

TTE Supercharger

TDi uprated Intercooler

TDi maifold

CamCon

Uprated Injectors

HKS FCON VPro

HKS HiPower Silent back box

Hi mate :)

Out of interest, how much power does that lot produce? :question:

Was originally dyno'd at 240 bhp.

presume that is at the fly ?

"originally" does that mean you have had further works or more dyno runs since :winky:

Hi Barry...yeah thats at the fly mate...unfortunately my plans for further mods changed when I had some financial problems, so there has been nothing post the work done by TDi! Thankfully that is all behind me now though, so I'm currently in two minds as to whether to continue pushing the Lex or go for something else.

I had one run on a dyno that read 197. something at the wheels...so with a rough conversion that puts me somewhere above 240...but to keep it a little more modest I've always said 240!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully that is all behind me now though, so I'm currently in two minds as to whether to continue pushing the Lex or go for something else.

What sort of thing are you thinking mate, anything taking your fancy yet?

There are some serious bargains to be had in this climate now :D

I had one run on a dyno that read 197. something at the wheels...so with a rough conversion that puts me somewhere above 240...but to keep it a little more modest I've always said 240!

Actually in a bid to make myself feel better:

Bazza once quoted:

FWD cars - add 10 bhp to the wheel figure and divide the result by 0.9

RWD cars - add 10 bhp to the wheel figure and divide the result by 0.88

4WD cars - add 10bhp to the wheel figure and divide the result by 0.84

To estimate the expected wheel bhp from a known flywheel bhp just reverse the equations

FWD - multiply flywheel power by 0.9 and then deduct a further 10 bhp

RWD - multiply flywheel power by 0.88 and then deduct a further 10 bhp

4WD - multiply flywheel power by 0.84 and then deduct a further 10 bhp

So 197.9 (to be fair) plus 10 divided by 0.88 = 236.25!

Makes me feel better anyway sorry :lol:

And 236.25 rounds up to a nice figure of 240 :D

Or if he wants to be modest 230 :lol:

Thankfully that is all behind me now though, so I'm currently in two minds as to whether to continue pushing the Lex or go for something else.

What sort of thing are you thinking mate, anything taking your fancy yet?

There are some serious bargains to be had in this climate now :D

Thats is true for sure mate! Thing I have been thinking are..

Supra, Evo Lancer, Skyline...something along those lines...I still dont need a sensible car for anything so I've been thinking what the hell! But we will see....

And 236.25 rounds up to a nice figure of 240 :D

Or if he wants to be modest 230 :lol:

:lol: ....well we all know that some dyno's give pants readings! :winky: So maybe you should be modest and say 220...and then that still leaves me in the lead what ever way you look at it!! :P

:lol: ....well we all know that some dyno's give pants readings! :winky: So maybe you should be modest and say 220...and then that still leaves me in the lead what ever way you look at it!! :P

360ish here :P

That Aussie guy has to be in the lead, not sure if you saw it but he did a 2JZ conversion and it must be pushing four figures soon - scary stuff!

That Aussie guy has to be in the lead, not sure if you saw it but he did a 2JZ conversion and it must be pushing four figures soon - scary stuff!

Nice!! You ever change anything to improve handling Aido?

He went on a diet once :lol:

Hi Stav,

Yeah no worries, engine mods to date are...

TTE Supercharger

TDi uprated Intercooler

TDi maifold

CamCon

Uprated Injectors

HKS FCON VPro

HKS HiPower Silent back box

Hi Barry...yeah thats at the fly mate...unfortunately my plans for further mods changed when I had some financial problems, so there has been nothing post the work done by TDi! Thankfully that is all behind me now though, so I'm currently in two minds as to whether to continue pushing the Lex or go for something else.

I have the same mods, mine was dynoed 196.5 at the hubs by TDi, it happens that what it was in fact at the fly from other dynos readings ...

go for the supra fevaro, shame i got rid of mine else i could have spun you around a bit.

Ahh Poalo! :D Still loitering around here then I see! ;)

Yeah Supra may be on the cards...why did you get rid of yours mate?

He went on a diet once :lol:

:D

Speaking of diets losing a bit of weight due to these gallstones, can't wait to get the bloody gallbladder out as I haven't had a proper beer for ages :(

As for the suspension no Kazi, nothing yet mate, saying that though I think I may have some knackered shocks or springs as it's gone dodgy so I've just got my eyes on those HSD Smoothie coilovers!

It ain't at the minute :lol:

Picking up another set of turbos tomorrow, got some new bits to put on so hopefully when that's all done she'll be shredding tyres again!

Have to admit I surprised an M5 on the way back from MK, worth it just for the look on his face :D

I've got into the habit of driving like an old man so if I put coils on it that'll be a shock to the system!

LOL I actually offered him £1100 for them before that price came down mate - I nearly went for them but if you have a good look on the forum they'd been returned to Envy twice by the previous owner- not sure due to what, and were no longer under warranty from Envy. They'll be awesome turbos but didn't want to risk that much.

I got a set of JDMs and a set of UK spec, going to see which is best to put on for now to see if it makes any difference and get the others rebuilt. Thinking of rebuilding the UK spec ones with new seals and stuff :)

Fever, who was it who did that dyno for 240 bhp, was it TDi ? I'm just asking again because of the bad experiences a lot of people seem to have had at TDi. I'm pleased if you're the exception to the "rule", but was it TDI who got that figure and did they actually give you a printout or just tell you what they'd measured verbally ?

It seems that some members have been shocked when they've had their cars dyno'd somewhere else and seen what their cars were really producing. As I said, if the opposite is the case with you, then that's great.

Fever, who was it who did that dyno for 240 bhp, was it TDi ? I'm just asking again because of the bad experiences a lot of people seem to have had at TDi. I'm pleased if you're the exception to the "rule", but was it TDI who got that figure and did they actually give you a printout or just tell you what they'd measured verbally ?

It seems that some members have been shocked when they've had their cars dyno'd somewhere else and seen what their cars were really producing. As I said, if the opposite is the case with you, then that's great.

erm what is the point of this post, Neil has already said where he got his car done, therefore who dynoed it and what figure he got.

Neil has said he is happy

erm what is the point of this post, Neil has already said where he got his car done, therefore who dynoed it and what figure he got.

Where did he say who dyno'd it ? Sorry, I must have missed that bit.

ok, so now you've gone and edited your previous posting to add the word "therefore", and edited my quoted copy of your posting, which makes my posting make slightly less sense. Not sure why you felt it necessary to do that. :unsure:

You added the word "therefore", previously your post read :

erm what is the point of this post, Neil has already said where he got his car done, who dynoed it and what figure he got.

I still don't agree, though, that just because TDi did the work, that necessarily means that's where the dyno was done.

TDi do have an inhouse dyno mate, they used to have a webcam hooked up so you could watch cars on there live - not sure if that still works though?

I believe Neil's car would have been tested on that dyno.