Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had My Mr2 Rev1 Tubby On The Rollers Today...

... and was quite impressed!

238bhp at the fly

170 bhp at the wheels

297Nm of torque!

:D

the car is basically standard engine wise apart from an exhaust and air filter!

Not bad for a Rev1 mate.....but that means you are losing almost 30% thru the transmission, which is way too much on an MR2 since the power is transmitted from a rear mounted engine almost directly to the hubs. How did they carry out the test? Hub or roller dyno?

238bhp at the fly

170 bhp at the wheels

297Nm of torque!

Not bad for a Rev1 mate.....but that means you are losing almost 30% thru the transmission, which is way too much on an MR2 since the power is transmitted from a rear mounted engine almost directly to the hubs. How did they carry out the test? Hub or roller dyno?

Yeah, fly I was happy with, more than I expected, although I did think that was an awful lot of loss.... glad someone else thinks the same!

It was a roller dyno over at Powerstation

238bhp at the fly

170 bhp at the wheels

297Nm of torque!

Yeah, fly I was happy with, more than I expected, although I did think that was an awful lot of loss.... glad someone else thinks the same!

Be worth fitting a Dastek Unichip....£150 + approx £400 remapping. I'm now boosting @ 17psi (FCD cuts at 18psi) I think the Rev1 FCD cuts at around 13psi but the extra power is awesome - at 4,050 rpm the extra boost kicks in and it's wheeeeyyyyyyheeeeyyyyy Mr M3 / Scooby / Type-R / AMG kiss my smokin' butt :lol:

238bhp at the fly

170 bhp at the wheels

297Nm of torque!

Be worth fitting a Dastek Unichip....£150 + approx £400 remapping. I'm now boosting @ 17psi (FCD cuts at 18psi) I think the Rev1 FCD cuts at around 13psi but the extra power is awesome - at 4,050 rpm the extra boost kicks in and it's wheeeeyyyyyyheeeeyyyyy Mr M3 / Scooby / Type-R / AMG kiss my smokin' butt :lol:

i think I need to upgrade my IC first though before I can start running extra boost? I've been warned off anything above 1 bar...

Plus I need an EBC, I had boost spike the other day whilst messing around with my MBC. I assume an EBC will sort that?

238bhp at the fly

170 bhp at the wheels

297Nm of torque!

i think I need to upgrade my IC first though before I can start running extra boost? I've been warned off anything above 1 bar...

Plus I need an EBC, I had boost spike the other day whilst messing around with my MBC. I assume an EBC will sort that?

Don't worry about an uprated I/C, I'm still running the standard kit but will upgrade to a Berk I/C when I get the TD06 turbo fitted. Unless you're giving it some serious welly you'll be OK.

EBC's...this is where it starts to get silly - I don't even have an MBC purely coz I don't need one! I know that with the remap the car boosts to 10psi up to 4K then 17psi thereafter. An EBC will be in the programme when the upgrade happens but until then I can live without it. A regular oil change will do the engine more good!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links