Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 - Mot Failed Due To Headlights Pointing Wrong Way

John S

Hi - does anyone know if the headlights can be adjusted to point to the left intead of to the right which mine do and has just failed MOT due to this. It ws imported from Germany, is right hand drive and everything else appears standard. Do I have to buy two new headlight units and if so any idea how much please.

thanks

John :duh:

You should be able to get the stickers from Halfords or similar plases that will flatten the beam. It should pass the MOT with these, ask the tester to see and he may help you stick them in the right place. Even though they are fro RHD to convert to LHD you can turn them round to do the job.

yep require new headlights, circa £100 each

thought so - ironic thing is that I off to France in it in 2 week and need to replace the lights for mot then put on deflectors to drive on rights etc..

Do they come cheaper if I upgraded to loc gold etc?

hay-ho

:crybaby:

yep require new headlights, circa £100 each

thought so - ironic thing is that I off to France in it in 2 week and need to replace the lights for mot then put on deflectors to drive on rights etc..

Do they come cheaper if I upgraded to loc gold etc?

hay-ho

:crybaby:

yep should be...i purchased new RHD lights a couple of years ago and they were less than £100

Mine failed last week as well, but due to the headlight aim, rather than direction.

£12.50 + VAT just to adjust it!

Surely its like a 5 minute job???

Oh well.

D.