Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The reason for this topic is, before my LS400 I had a Ford Scorpio, not new but like new, one day connected my trailer and all was well until I parked the car, nose facing the kerb, got back into it, put in reverse and BANG, forgot it was connected Ha *& #$ sob sob big crease right side of wing sob sob, got over it; Three years later did the same again on the other side, only one sob now had a matching pair.

Now got the LS, don’t want to repeat the same.

So came up with this circuit, will incorporate it into my (Towing Interface Relay Project).

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/syd-...edIndicator.jpg

When the car is put in reveres a positive is sent to the buzzer via a connection from the reveres lamps on the car, the negative to the buzzer is via the connection through the LAMP/LAMPS of the towed trailer or caravan.

The reason for so many negative circuits is to guarantee a negative to the buzzer; it is very unlikely for all the lighting circuit to be on at the same time.

This can only be achieved if some form of isolation is between the towed trailer or caravan, as in (Towing Interface Relay Project) on this forum.

Regards Syd

See by your comments i must have a lack of concentration.

You mean the trailer is so small it is not visible in all three mirrors? Suggest you either put the trailer in the boot or tie a short pole to it with a red flag visible in the mirror.

I am assuming that you do actually look in your mirrors before reversing. What about the laws regarding speed when towing a trailer if you drive having forgotten you attached the trailer 5 minutes ago. Parallel parking must be a fun experience for you :lol:

Or alternatively .... put in a reversing camera and you will see the bloody trailer..... ;)

Only if you Look at the bloody screen, My touch screen has a camera on it.See my previous Project

Why did you fit the reversing camera? :duh:

Or alternatively .... put in a reversing camera and you will see the bloody trailer..... ;)

Only if you Look at the bloody screen, My touch screen has a camera on it.See my previous Project

Why did you fit the reversing camera? :duh:

The camera fitted under the number plate lighting hood looking at the tow ball