Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polishing

My car's starting to look a bit swirly so thought its about time it had a proper polish. I've got an almost full bottle of zymol in the garage that's begging to be used so that part's sorted, but it always annoys me when you've done a few panels and then there's so much white residue everywhere you can't be bothered to go on any further ;)

Basically, what kind of cloths should I be using to apply the polish and then take it off? And where can I get them from?

And do you use the same cloths for waxing too?

If I'm feeling really crazy might give this claying thing a go aswell so if there's one online store where I can get all this stuff from it would be great :D

Yep Autopia are excellent and very speedy. Have a read through all of their sections as they also tell you how to use each product.

Try typing in SAVEBIG for a 15% discount it might still work :winky:

My car's starting to look a bit swirly so thought its about time it had a proper polish. I've got an almost full bottle of zymol in the garage that's begging to be used so that part's sorted, but it always annoys me when you've done a few panels and then there's so much white residue everywhere you can't be bothered to go on any further ;)

Zymol is terrible for leaving behind white residue.......you're better off binning the bottle and getting some decent stuff, either:

Klasse AIO (also known as Carlak 68)

Klasse Sealant glaze

Pinnacle Souveran or PS21 carnauba wax

or if the paintwork is really bad, substitute the AIO for a two stage system

Sonus SFX-1

Sonus SFX-2

Apply the polish with either a foam or microfibre pad.

Better still buy a Porter Cable Polisher......for stunning results! :D

B&Q are selling some decent microfiber cloths at the minute, about £4 each.

Just ordered some Klasse All In One - for my black Primera GT - paintwork could do with someTLC at the moment. Should arrive tomorrow. Been polishing my wheels on the Lex with Poorboy's Wheel Protector paste - it is great and the wheels gleam and will be very easy to clean I hope.

Been taking them off the car but I reckon I can probably wax the wheels on the car in the future as I can get to the back of them for cleaning etc OK...

Brian :)

post-13823-1153400587.jpg