Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

There are two main places to get subs in the boot of the IS - behind the back seats or in the floor firing upwards (like adeyb has - it looks fantastic B) )

I have two 12's mounted behind the back seat in mine but we had a few problems getting them in. The main problem was the size and strength of the enclosure needed for my subs (they are very big and heavy) . The custom sub box mostly had to be assembled inside the boot because the opening in the IS boot is not very big at all - we tried fitting the box in when it was built up but there was no way it was going in!

When you have the subs in, the rest is pretty easy. There is more than enough room in the side panels for amps etc. I opted to remove the spare wheel and mount a second ICE Battery in the wheel well, with my amp mounted above it (where adeyb's subs are).

It all depends how far you want to go wildrnes, you could just go for a pre-built sub box which you could remove if you want to use your boot. If you can be a bit more specific I'm sure that someone will be able to advise you some more :) :) :)

putting them in the boot floor is not for the faint hearted - involved serious amounts of fibreglassing to stop the wheel well from resonating. Its should all crack off with a good hammering if they ever need to come out - did in my Alfa.

ta

Adeyb

if you need reminding of what it looks like - (still not finished BTW)

click here http://www.entechnica.com/lexus/audio.html :backofnet:

Hi !

Has anyone tried these custom made stealth boxes. They fit at each

side of the wheel arch in the boot.

I called the firm & they cost £150.00 each or £250.00 for Two.

Has anyone heard the sound quality?

When I enquired about stealth boxes, they did not make one for the IS200 but that was in July last year. Although they did say that if anyone could leave their car with them for a week to measure up for one, they would get one free and a second one at a discounted rate. They are based daarrnn saarrff though so its out of the question for me being a northerner :duh:

I spoke to somebody at auto acoustics, they told me the same thing as Andy. When i was ready to leave my car with them i called them and they told me that they had already started working on another IS200. The boxes are now ready for sell at £150 I think.

Do you mean one of THESE?

That would be fine, but you would not get very deep bass with an 8" woofer. That suits some people who are just looking for an improvement over standard, but if you want serious bass then you need to be looking at 10's, 12's or 15's. An active subwoofer (one with the amp built onto the sub enclosure) is the perfect solution for someone looking for 'removeable' bass. You could just attach it with velcro to the boot carpet. You would just have to get a speaker-RCA convertor for the input signal to the amp, and run a power feed from the Battery to the rear of the car.

It all depends what sort of performance you want from a sub, as to what route you go down :blink:

ok and is that hard to do

i am not an idiot btw,

but

my car doesnt like to be p**sed about me thinks

and the look on the wifes face after a bodge job would be too much to bear

so i am with the idea of

gather all the info then make a desision wheather or not i can do it

ok just been to local car audio places

one wanted 460 for a sub and a double bass box fitted (i think as soon as he saw the car he added £100)

the other said

280 for sub and amp

you will lose a bit of sound quality tho ????

what a sales man

Just finished another is200 the guy had a complete ice install new head unit and changer digital designs 6.5" front and rear and digital designs 10" 2000 series sub it was a space saving install be cause the guy need to get one of those land cart thing power by the wind the ones you see on the beach in his boot it sounded great but what do yuo exspect from one the best make of speakers & subs and the best make of car the combernation has got to great.

mm u must havea dodgy petreol cap hehe j/j m8, i have no probs with mine and i have a 15 inch sub, but mind u i have sound deadened the whole of my car, so maybe u can try to sound deadend the boot and the rear quarters that help vibration on panels and ur bass will sound harmonically better and keeps most of the bass inside the car too, it great suff

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links