Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Wear?

mackdaddy

Hi guys, I have just had a service and been informed that my 2 front tyres (17") need replacing as they are really worn on the inside edges :crybaby: Also 1 of my rears is damaged so need 4 new ones :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Is this a tracking problem d'ya think :question: Has anyone used Falken tyres, been quoted £300 for a set, are they any good :question:

Sorry for all the questions together :blush:

Cheers Guys

Chris

:D

Hi,

Sounds like you have the Lexus Default tyre problem,Have a look through the IS200 section or some of Dr Bones posts about the IS geometry.

Its a common problem with the Brand,hes the man who should be able to fix your problems.

Chips..

Hi guys, I have just had a service and been informed that my 2 front tyres (17") need replacing as they are really worn on the inside edges :crybaby: Also 1 of my rears is damaged so need 4 new ones :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Is this a tracking problem d'ya think :question: Has anyone used Falken tyres, been quoted £300 for a set, are they any good :question:

Sorry for all the questions together :blush:

Cheers Guys

Chris

Lots of answers here:

WHEELS-INMOTION

Got the same problem on the front tyres. Worn to 1.6mm on the inside in 10000 mls. I'm booked into Drury Lane Oldham on Wednesday for a full geometry.

Be sure to mention the 'wim/LOC' link i set for the club... This means a discounted service :winky:

In reply to Mackdaddy, there is an established problem with the front Geometry on the IS.. Within the clubs knowledge base specific positions are suggested... if the car is modified then i can help you one-to-one with the positions.

Cheers for the replies guys, getting my new tyres tomorrow so will have o get the tracking done and hopefully soon the geometry. Unfortunately W.I.M is a bit too far for me to travel but hopefully will find someone nearby :D

Cheers again

Chris

Cheers for the replies guys, getting my new tyres tomorrow so will have o get the tracking done and hopefully soon the geometry. Unfortunately W.I.M is a bit too far for me to travel but hopefully will find someone nearby :D

Cheers again

Chris

Hi Chris,

If you manage to find someone could you let me know please. :D

I don't live too far from you and I really need to get it sorted. Had a healthy appitite for tyres before I put some 18's on.

Would appreciate it, thanks

Mark

Cheers again

Chris

Please have the Geometry (not) the tracking done.... if they are fitting tyres for you then negotiate a deal i'm sure they will oblige.... tracking is as useful as a handbrake on a canoe.....

As a reference for Tony, I had my geo done by him and currently I am still on my original Dunlop tyres.

They have done just over 26K and still have loads of tread left across the tyres which are wearing evenly.