Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been Busy Cleaning......

Well i braved the heat today and decided to give the car a thorough detailing :D

She hasn't been washed for a couple of weeks so it was about time i got out there with my cleaning products :shifty:

Really pleased with the outcome.....but one thing about white cars is that the damn bugs are easily attracted to the colour!!!

one thing somebody could maybe advise is whats the best way to remove dried bugs from the front bumper - i've tried turtlewax bug and tar remover but it didn't shift all of them :duh:

anyway, here are some pics...... :D

frontright2-1.jpg

rearright2-1.jpg

frontleft2.jpg

lowfrontright2-1.jpg

toprearright2.jpg

Looks very nice..... :) classy motor you have there..... not too sure if the advertising on the back window suits it though.... ;)

Love that tyre thread... what brand are they?

I wonder if one of those detailing "clay bars" would be any good at getting off the bugs?

Looks very nice..... :) classy motor you have there..... not too sure if the advertising on the back window suits it though.... ;)

Love that tyre thread... what brand are they?

I wonder if one of those detailing "clay bars" would be any good at getting off the bugs?

well the advertising was an off the cuff decision and can easily be removed....quite like the holographic effect though :hehe:

the tyres are Marangoni Zeta Linea's.....and were rated one of the best tyres by Max Power and 'Which' magazine. they grip like no mans business and look the part too :winky:

yea, i never tought bout clayin the front actuially....i do have some Meg's clay kicking about so may try that next time :D

Looking nice mate, still need to get the rear out the sky :)

agreed lee....its on the to do list :D

Nice! Add some 19inch chromes, de-badge it, and you have the beginnings of a PIMP ride!

nah chrome's arn't my thing im afraid ;)

as for the de-badge.....well, maybe it'll have to get some FI before we it can go stealth :hehe:

Wow - that car looks immaculate! Nice colour too (when it's clean)

I don't use any sprays to get rid of bugs off the front bumper, because my Meguiars wash mitt has a reverse side which is a mesh specially designed to get rid of bugs, and it works a treat too. Well recommended.

Wow - that car looks immaculate! Nice colour too (when it's clean)

I don't use any sprays to get rid of bugs off the front bumper, because my Meguiars wash mitt has a reverse side which is a mesh specially designed to get rid of bugs, and it works a treat too. Well recommended.

which mitt is it mate??? does it have a microfibre on one side, or is it lambs wool?

what products diud you use ?

This time round i used:

Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo,

Lambs Wool Wash Mitt

Aqua Gleam water de-ioniser

Meguiars detailing Spritz

Meguiars NXT Glass Cleaner

Several Microfibres

Autoglym Clean Wheels

Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tyre Protectant Gel

Aerospace 303 interior dash/vinyl cleaner/protectant

......and......a vacuum cleaner :P

It was too hot for SG, claying etc etc.....stuck to basics :winky: :lol:

It's the lambswool one, you can't see the other side in the picture but it's a sort of mesh and I find it gets rid of the bugs a treat!

http://www.speeding.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000099...;TB=A&SHOP=

P.S. If you do get one don't do what I did and throw it in the washing machine with all the other towels and cloths - mine fell apart. They can't be machine washed (it does actually say so on the label, I was just being thick)!

Edit: here's a better picture showing the reverse:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb90wash.html

when you clean the bugs off use dashboard protection on the front bumper.. its clear and the bugs will simply wipe off.

Will try that :winky:

Just done the Aristo and am off to sunny Daventry tomorrow...........bet I'll be bugged up

• 7 months later...

when you clean the bugs off use dashboard protection on the front bumper.. its clear and the bugs will simply wipe off.

Will try that :winky:

Just done the Aristo and am off to sunny Daventry tomorrow...........bet I'll be bugged up

VEry Clean, mate, keeping it that way will be hard being white.. :blink:

Best to use wet tissue paper and stick it to the front and leave it for half hour or so (polish them wheels) once left the damp tissue makes it easy to remove the bug, simply wipe off.

Bets tip from a biker- getting them bug off the helmit vissor.. works a treat.

Hope it helps

Dibslpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links