Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Want To Lower Your Is250

MacRS200

Been browsing the eibach.de site and they list a set of lowering springs under development, can't get a direct link to work but thay are there if you search under application guide.

• 1 month later...
Been browsing the eibach.de site and they list a set of lowering springs under development, can't get a direct link to work but thay are there if you search under application guide.
#

They're not under development any more... I bought a set for the IS250 in August, and yes they are different from the IS350. Carried them back in my hold baggage from Houston. :) .

• 2 months later...

Jamboo and Tel..promised some piccies of my IS250 SE-L with the (American) Eibach Pro set which drops the front 1.4" and the rear 1", as previously stated the European Eibach set for the IS250 drops the car -30mm all round (the European spring isn't progressive and believe it or not is a smaller gauge and therefore softer than the U.S version). Here's the car lowered with the 17" OEM Rims and for comparison how it is from today with the 19" Volks.....

250lip6bx0.jpg

volks14su7.jpg

Very nice mate, very nice indeed!

Are those tints still in place as per the first pic as they look pretty illegal at the front, wish mine were that dark :D

Aido..no mate..I was thinking of tinting the the front and rear sides 5% and was messing around with Corel Photopaint to see what it looked like...I think I overdid it with the airbrush :blush: It still has the factory tints but the next mod is to tint the rear side similar to my IS200 Sport...not sure if 5% on the front sides will take it beyond the limit :unsure:

Think I may need some mud flaps as the new wheels stick out just a tad more than the originals....

volks16ys0.jpg

To be honest you should get away with 35% tints on the front (letting in 65% of light) - that's what I've had on the last two cars over the past few years and never had a problem yet - did get stopped once and the copper checked them but it was because he'd pulled me for no tax and when he realised I had tax I think he was looking for a reason to give me a ticket, luckily he thought the tints were stock as they were fitted so well!

The backs I had were 50% at the rear, this gave the impression the fronts were darker as there was less light coming from the back and it all balanced out nicely :)

As usual I'd recommend Richard at Tint-R in Notts as he's done the work on the last two cars and always does a great job, just a shame he's so far away from you!

The tints would definitely make the car look superb though, especially with the dark grey car and matching alloys, kinda of like a new version of my old one :)

As usual I'd recommend Richard at Tint-R in Notts as he's done the work on the last two cars and always does a great job, just a shame he's so far away from you!

The tints would definitely make the car look superb though, especially with the dark grey car and matching alloys, kinda of like a new version of my old one :)

Thanks Aido...do you know if Richard has a Tintman or similar to actually measure the light intensity? I was thinking of making the journey North as I want a decent job. Sounds like that's what I'll get if he did yours..bloody shame it somehow came together with that set of railings :whistling: .

volks15yn9.jpg

One thing I notice with the Toyo T1-R's is that the road noise as dropped considerably :D , even with the lower profile tyres...must be something to to with harmonic resonance...or is it lack of it :question: .

Thanks Aido...do you know if Richard as a Tintman or similar to actually measure the light intensity? I was thinking of making the journey North as I want a decent job. Sounds like that's what I'll get if he did yours..bloody shame it somehow came together with that set of railings :whistling: .

One thing I notice with the Toyo T1-R's is that the road noise as dropped considerably :D , even with the lower profile tyres...must be something to to with harmonic resonance...or is it lack of it :question: .

I think the levels as quoted are just what the films are rated at, don't think the levels are tested afterwards.

Richard even remembered me and the IS when I turned up in the Aristo, and that was nearly 2 and a half years between visits!!

A lot of us Mids guys have used him happily, I was recommended to use him by Ifraz and Zee I think it was, and since then loads have been there with no issues!

As for the car it is a shame but at least Tom is ok and that's the main thing really, the car can be replaced easily enough :)

Interesting point on the road noise, my Toyo's never really seemed noisy, the Maxxis I have are quite noisy on most surfaces I think compared to the Toyo's I had before on the IS, to be honest when I had an IS250 for the day I never really heard any road noise but that was because I had the radio on mega loud :D

Interesting point on the road noise, my Toyo's never really seemed noisy, the Maxxis I have are quite noisy on most surfaces I think compared to the Toyo's I had before on the IS, to be honest when I had an IS250 for the day I never really heard any road noise but that was because I had the radio on mega loud :D

I often turn the radio or iPod off just to enjoy how quiet it is....was thinking of an induction kit but don't know if I could put up with the noise :D . No rattles ...yet, and the car's a month away from it's first birthday. :luck: :eerrrmm:

volks13de8.jpg

Lovely looking is250........nice colour, great wheels......think I've just seen my next car. Pleased for you mate ;)

Keith

Hope that doesn't mean you're coming round to nick it :D :D

car is looking really nice, looks like it could do with a little more drop now the 19`s are on

remember that if the original windows are tinted that this will add to the overall figure, and could well take a legal tint film over the limit :whistling:

car is looking really nice, looks like it could do with a little more drop now the 19`s are on

...that's as low as I go :) as the aerodynamic underbody bits hang lower than what you can see from the pics...

remember that if the original windows are tinted that this will add to the overall figure, and could well take a legal tint film over the limit :whistling:

...yea, that's why I asked Aido if Richard had a Tintman, which is what the traffic police use. I don't know what the standard tint is, so cannot adjust by adding the percentage to the film rating, and that would be at best a reasonable guess. Would hate to have to take it all off as a result of being stopped by a Mr Plod with the meter. Ahmet....how about a loaner :winky: .

Wonder what my local station would say if I turned up and requested a check on the standard glass...could always say my property tax contributed to paying for the meters :whistling:

Excellent:really different:bespoke!

How does it ride :mine IS definitely better than STD on the Hoshis but I have retained the normal suspension.I set my pressures @ 38 psig:what pressures are you using?

Tel :driving:

Excellent:really different:bespoke!

How does it ride :mine IS definitely better than STD on the Hoshis but I have retained the normal suspension.I set my pressures @ 38 psig:what pressures are you using?

Hi Tel, difficult to answer your question but I'll try...the first change was to fit the Eibachs so I took the car down to WIM to ensure the original geometry was captured before lowering, and re-adjusting the toe front and rear. The difference in the feel of the car on the way home was obvious as it was a lot more 'planted' and not so skittish at higher speeds as before, and the ride was slightly firmer.

I fitted the the Volks and Toyo's just before visiting WIM again for a fine tune of the suspension geometry. The springs had settled a little and the toe-in front and rear had become slightly 'toe-out' so was re-adjusted. Front and rear also have a reasonable negative camber. The ride has improved again with the larger diameter rims, and as a bonus the Toyo's are a damn sight quieter than the Bridgestones on the 17", even with the lower profile tyres. I'm really pleased :) .

Have set the pressures to 37 psig all round as a starting point. We measured the tread depths and will check again in a 1000 miles or so to assess whether pressure and/or geometry changes are going to be necessary. There's only toe adjustment on the 250 so any camber change will mean a bit of R&D ;) . As a side issue I'd recommend a visit to WIM if you can...my original OEM geometry wasn't the optimum...

Tango:Car tracks true @ well over 100mph & speeds in between so I have always assumed the geometry/tracking is spot-on:am I correct given I have always got c.20k miles from my rear 18" Dunlops & c.25k. on the front; always ensuring the pressures are spot-on.

Mudflaps would look good against the Granite body colour & are diferrent to those for the 200/300 series which I consumed in great numbers due to the internal membrane on the front always failing:the new design is much more robust & should last years!

Tango:Car tracks true @ well over 100mph & speeds in between so I have always assumed the geometry/tracking is spot-on:am I correct given I have always got c.20k miles from my rear 18" Dunlops & c.25k. on the front; always ensuring the pressures are spot-on.

Mudflaps would look good against the Granite body colour & are diferrent to those for the 200/300 series which I consumed in great numbers due to the internal membrane on the front always failing:the new design is much more robust & should last years!

How many miles have you clocked on your 250 and what's the wear pattern like?

My car will be due it's first service next month so I'll have the flaps fitted then as it definitely needs them now the tyre sticks out that little bit more :whistling:

6500 miles in total,4500 on 18".Tread-wear looks normal & even.Taking my car to Coventry next month for its 1st. of 2 free services[ after the Delivery *****-Up]:where are you taking yours?

Tel

6500 miles in total,4500 on 18".Tread-wear looks normal & even.Taking my car to Coventry next month for its 1st. of 2 free services[ after the Delivery *****-Up]:where are you taking yours?

Tel

Bristol,,,one of the Sytner group...there's a nice Porsche there that someone has traded in...£35K :whistling::unsure:

Yours hasn't done a lot more than mine 5300 in total 4500 on 17". Not enough to tell if the wear is uneven, especially where it's expected to take place.

I've already mentioned to the Service Manager that it's a bit different from last time he saw it...it's not a problem, but I'll request they don't wash it or touch the geometry.