Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heatwave On Wednesday - Watch Out

maneesh

Make sure everyone you know on Wednesday has got enough water on Wednesday - Metoffice reckons it will hit 36C in the South East..bleedin' hell, a bit of sun is nice, but 36 is crazy... :tomato:

I'll be stuck in my unit... wearing full overalls, thick gloves, fire proof hat, welding mask, and boots with a MIG torch in my hand creating loadsa' heat :blink: :o :crybaby:

Not looking fwd to it at all..

What makes it worse is the element of humidity we have as well.. Was talking to a friend in Las Vegas, he said it was around 116F over there, but no humidity.

Alot more bareable if we didn;'t have the humidity to deal with aswell :( Especially at night with those pain the ASSS moths!

Hi,

The temperature in the factory where i work was 35C today :ohmy:

Im not looking forward to tomorrow :crying:

I did buy a mobile Aircon unit from B+Q yesterday so i wish the day away thinking about how cold it will be when i get home :D

Chips..

You know in Palm Springs in the States, it gets so hot this time of year, the temperature of the steering wheel gets to around 130-140F if the car is left out in the sun. People end up wearing oven gloves to touch the wheel...no BS..this actually happens..

Its certainly one hot summer, can't believe its lasting so long, been hot more or less since beginning of June!!

Its summer lets not moan too much, enjoy peeps!

Plenty of beer!

You lot are are soft .....

couple of years ago I was in the desert in Chad drilling some wells for Exxon.....in the daytime it was 45degC and at night -5deg. And we didn't even have sleeping bags.

You fannies! :o :lol::lol:

Might aswell cook me roti's outside! :lol:

:lol: Probably hotter then a tandoor anyway! :lol:

You're supposed to get the missus to do that, while you sip the Rose Essence Milkshake (floated with Vodka). Don't forget to make some some Daal too, I'll come over!

We can have an indian BBQ!

Yeah that's what I'll tell the missus! Not feelin' the daal today, bring on the keema! :D

Might aswell cook me roti's outside! :lol:

:lol: Probably hotter then a tandoor anyway! :lol:

You're supposed to get the missus to do that, while you sip the Rose Essence Milkshake (floated with Vodka). Don't forget to make some some Daal too, I'll come over!

We can have an indian BBQ!

Yeah that's what I'll tell the missus! Not feelin' the daal today, bring on the keema! :D

Mmmmm Keema :D

I can see all the old timers drinking lacee ;) :sick:

i remembered climbing the great wall in 40 heat and humidity like a damp greenhouse.. damn i come back skinny that day!

china is terrible for humidity :crybaby:

worst place i have been for humidity was kuala lumpar, walking along the street was hard work, it was just a case of going from one shop to another, to get into the air conditioning :crybaby: , was walking round like i had just got out a shower

You lot are are soft .....

couple of years ago I was in the desert in Chad drilling some wells for Exxon.....in the daytime it was 45degC and at night -5deg. And we didn't even have sleeping bags.

You fannies! :o :lol::lol:

have to agree with mike here... ok the hot weather is a bit unusual for the UK but dont see what the fuss is about, its been the same sort of temperature in Basel for the past month and will continue for a long time to come. i am having a quick visit to penzance at the moment and it is raining, cloudy and about 22C - lovely and cool

Ive got football training tonight indoors......its muggy and sticky in there at the best of times so im not looking forward to this at all!

I've got the same but outdoors and have to say, I'm trying to think up excuses. I've not left the office since 7am and as it is at a pretty acceptable 21 degrees at the moment - going outside is going to kill me :o