Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The best thing I can say to all those who haven't Been to the Wizz of WIM, is to book up now. The man knowledge is amazing, my Car is transformed and although I spend a bit on tyres (i needed four :duh: ) it was worth every penny, so please do the right thing(especially those of you who are new to lexus onwership), get the Wizzard of WIM to check your car first you will not be disappointed :D

He's based in STS Watford, make an appointment now guys, you'll be so happy

(the journey home was soooo smmooottthh and comfy)

Marx

The best thing I can say to all those who haven't Been to the Wizz of WIM, is to book up now. The man knowledge is amazing, my Car is transformed and although I spend a bit on tyres (i needed four :duh: ) it was worth every penny, so please do the right thing(especially those of you who are new to lexus onwership), get the Wizzard of WIM to check your car first you will not be disappointed :D

He's based in STS Watford, make an appointment now guys, you'll be so happy

(the journey home was soooo smmooottthh and comfy)

Marx

Sweet reply Thank You..... She was a typical IS Geometrically and a dream to set, i am happy you feel the difference in the drive...... see you in 2000 miles :winky:

hi,

Your the Man Dr Bones :)

Its good to read feedback of how better the car drives after youve done your Magic ;)

Just out of interest,in what way does the car drive/handle better marx?

Chips..

It's smoother, quieter, and the front and back just grip, the steering is sharper as well!

All Hale Dr Bones

Hi,

Thats for the info :)

I noticed more grip with my car,but to be fair i did have all suspension fitted.

As to the last post,i think its all down to how many pot holes you hit as you drive,every bump is going to knock things out of adjustment :angry:

Its a shame the roads are not as well looked after as they seemed to be years ago.

The roads around where i live are very poor :crying:

Chips..

As to the last post,i think its all down to how many pot holes you hit as you drive,every bump is going to knock things out of adjustment :angry:

Its a shame the roads are not as well looked after as they seemed to be years ago.

The roads around where i live are very poor :crying:

Yeah I guess that's the main factor - dodging the more serious sunken manholes covers round my way is now part of my driving style after driving cars with sports suspension for the last few years!

Seems like everyone is noticing the same think about the poor quality of roads round their way.

If there's a really bad pothole near you, phone the council and say you hit it and think you've damaged your suspension. When I did this (it was actually true) they had a crew out the very next day to fix it!!!

Hi,

Yep i do phone the council and keep them up to date with potholes around my way ;) Im no do gooder but i like to keep them doing something for there money :D

Like you say,when they do resurface the roads they dont bother to lift the height of the manholes so your left with a manhole sometimes up to a inch lower than the road surface :angry:

If the jobs worth doing,its worth doing well..thats what i say B)

Its more work for them in the long run.

Theres roads around where i live where the manholes are in the wheel tracks of the traffic because there are always parked cars by them,they would be better off moving the manhole so its under where the cars are parked.Every 6 months or some they have to repair around where the roads sank around the manhole.

Wheres the sense in that :whistling:

Can I be nosy and ask

a) can the tracking really go out on the IS after only a few thousand miles?

B) are all cars affected or just some? Is the Sport any different being a slightly lower setup?

A: The issue with the IS200/300/SC is the static camber position written by Lexus is wrong :o also there are three castor positions for the car Asian/European/GB, when i re-wrote the camber positions the correction displaces the toe, as this is corrected it pivots the wheel to UK castor spec :D

B: All cars are effected by displacement of the toe, and most tyre centres are willing to just measure/correct the toe all with the assumption the other 14 angles are ok? there is another consideration though . people pressure command a better handling faster cornering car, the manufacturer offers this at a cost, this cost is the fact that the tolerance's are ever smaller to maintain the drive, some Audi's have a toe tolerance of 100th of a millimetre....so as you can read combine the modern car with our primeval roads then yes most cars do suffer tyre wear.

Thanks for the info. Not quite sure I understand it all though - sorry!

So are the IS's set up wrong out of the factory or is it just the documentation that's wrong?

Is it possible to set the geometry up correctly on a standard car or are modified parts needed?

:D

Thanks for the info. Not quite sure I understand it all though - sorry!

So are the IS's set up wrong out of the factory or is it just the documentation that's wrong?

Is it possible to set the geometry up correctly on a standard car or are modified parts needed?

:D

Yes to both questions mate.

Factory set wrong

No modified parts needed

• 2 weeks later...