Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Delivery

I would like to get an across the board idea of how long everybody has or is waiting for delivery of there new car and the experiences along the way.

Maybe Lexus will take note of this.

I'll start the ball rolling with mine.

Orderd Black SEL Auto MM 7th April. I have had 3 different dates June/July(Unconfirmed) August 18th confirmed then changed to September but could be into October.

Now the wait could be 7 Months :angry:

Anyone better that or should i say anyone worse than that.

Editted 20th July

Additional Info.

Dealer has now given me a new date of 8th August, which is much better. But they are also prepared to wait to deliver as a new 56 reg.

Thanks to Dameon.

Infinity...........

I would like to get an across the board idea of how long everybody has or is waiting for delivery of there new car and the experiences along the way.

Orderd Black SEL Auto MM 7th April. I have had 3 different dates June/July(Unconfirmed) August 18th confirmed then changed to September but could be into October.

there are some around if you are not too fussy on colour I got one a month ago 2 week wait cadoxton slate sussex mm sel if I wanted a silver the wait was until sept with the new reg and al ratlles sorted at the factory...alan

Mine was already in the system - had to wait just over 1 and a half weeks, got the colour I wanted, good interior (may have chosen black) and a sunroof I did not order, but due to a "glitch" in the order process, the dealer met me halfway.

Personally I would never wait any longer than a couple of weeks unless it just was not available anywhere else. The car looks great in many colours and, somewhere in the UK, I know I could have found a similar car in stock.

Brian :)

I ordered in late Feb and got in May. It might have been here a bit earlier but I had to wait for my old company car to end its lease.

I did try to change colour in the second week in March but this would have added 4 weeks to the date so the orders must have started to pick up from then - that or supply was throttled back :duh:

Ordered SE with MM 14th Jan 2006 (after cancelling base with MM model ordered in December 2005).

Told it is likely to be 22/23rd March, but no guarantees. I asked if rattles which had known remedies could be done to my car on the production line...then told that my car would have it's rattles solved as Lexus are totally focused and look at the LOC forums...whatvwas worse is that order form stated delivery 1st March 2006!

Took my Pex in early (Jan 10th), promised balaance credit in 7 days, took 4 weeks after much chasing, cheques fallen behind desks etc

Road tax rebate, missed the claim monthly deadlines twice the dealership kept giving me the wrong forms to fill in for Cherished transfer. This took 3 attempts...they never compensated me for fuel or my time inspite of promises...

Delivery dates a sham - whilst I was told it would last week of March, it took an escalation to the Dealer Principal to get date. To my surprise, whilst other peoples cars were being delayed, mine was on track and came early. I then had 6 days to get finance and insurance sorted out (luckily I have a personal Banking manager).

They kept insisting that I was trying to rush the order....they were not listening, I was merely trying to find out when it would come as I was car-less, and needed to sort out finance etc., and know that other dealers more or less guarantee a date. If they had said we can 100% guarantee a date of 31st March I would have been happy and waited. The fact they couldn't really tell me anything and other peoples cars were being delayed meant I was anxious...but they couldn't see that!

And the car rattled....tried to reject, got no where, got them to fix it...and now am happy....ish!

So my example is not one you want to hear!

PS - along the way, there were a few non-returned calls etc...but after I'd ordered, not before when the world was a round, warm, green place!!

News,

After 5 days of stewing and grevious posts on this forum i called in to see the dealer this afternoon . The salesperson i had been dealing with was not available so i saw the transactions manager.

To cut a long storey short the dealer has confirmed a new delivery date of the 8th August but he is prepared to hold he car until the 1st of Sept for the new reg plate. I had many of my fears alayed and feel more confident in the approach of the dealership and of the transations manager. I just hope that this date will not slip, (I dont mind as long as it stays within August or even early Sept) even if it does i am assured to be the first to know. I firmly believe if communication from the dealer had been better upfront and totally honest in the first instance this situation would not have arissen.

An Infinitely happier soon to be Lexus owner........... :)

I went along to the dealership end of November and liked the car. Dealer phoned me to say that they would have one for 22nd December, so all in all about 4 weeks. Apparently one of the big selling points Lexus use is the shorter delivery times than their German competitors.. :unsure:

Spoke to an independant online dealer (Drivedeal.co.uk) who also quoted 12 to 14 weeks for a black SEL MM auto. obviously this is the popular one and queues have formed up behind it.

Infinity.............

Ordered mine in November 2005 on the basis that they had one in my spec in the country. In the end that was an "error" and the car was actually on a boat. Took about 5 weeks in total from ordering to driving out the dealership. Despite the delay I love the car, best I've ever had. Waiting times can be a pain and I sometimes think that the dealers are not 100% honest with people, but these are very quickly forgotten once you get the car.

Ordered my IS 250SE-L (Automatic, Cadoxton Slate, MM and Baransu wheels) on February 18 from Lexus Twickenham. Estimated delivery was for end of May / early June. Got an update in mid-May saying it will be the second week of July (!!) but managed to get it on June 24.

So four months and six days...

This is off the LEXUS WEB Site

Delivery times

Currently we are pleased to say that the lead times for the supply of Lexus vehicles are very good, due to our lack of product complexity. On average the lead time is between 6-8 weeks. The longest case is approximatly 10 weeks. :tomato:

This is off the LEXUS WEB Site

Delivery times

Currently we are pleased to say that the lead times for the supply of Lexus vehicles are very good, due to our lack of product complexity. On average the lead time is between 6-8 weeks. The longest case is approximatly 10 weeks. :tomato:

Ordered mine at the launch in geneva at the motor show march 2005 got me car 1st march 2006.

wish i had not bothered.

What makes you wish you had not bothered?

Just personal really Brian.

i have had 3 200 sports and i own a 200 se man the the wife drives and i will use that instead of the 250 most of the time.

the clutch stinks the drivers seat creaks the dash has been out twice to fix rattles the sat nav screen has been smashed by the dealer.

the car is no fun to drive i wish i never bothered.

just personal gripes really.

i love the old car it was far more fun to drive handled better, stopped better has more legroom in the back than the new car.

30k wasted.

Ordered mine, 220d ice blue, early dec and collected wk 3 in jan. this was quick for ireland as i bought the car that the dealer was gonna use as a demo. he let me have it as i was trading in the wifes car, 7 year old ford Ka so i was effectively a cash buyer

Ordered, paid deposit, and agreed p/ex value on December 20th 2005. IS250 SEL in Black, sussex grey leather, ,MM, auto, sunroof. IE the dogs danglys :D

Was "promised" delivery for March 2006. In Feb we decided to change the colour we wanted to St Lucia pearl, all else remained same. Delivery was to be May / June. Delivery then said to be more likely July. latest info ( as of Monday last ) dealer "expects" car 31st July, I suppose that means I get it around mid August ( my birthday :blush: ).

Hmmmm, now more decisions....do I wait until Sept 1st for 56 plate???

So .....from time of changing spec, (feb 3rd) until I get the car - minimum 28 weeks / 7 months jeezypeeps :excl:

It had SO better be rattle free and worth it in every respect :excl::excl::excl: I am a cash buyer too !

Ordered, paid deposit, and agreed p/ex value on December 20th 2005. IS250 SEL in Black, sussex grey leather, ,MM, auto, sunroof. IE the dogs danglys :D

Was "promised" delivery for March 2006. In Feb we decided to change the colour we wanted to St Lucia pearl, all else remained same. Delivery was to be May / June. Delivery then said to be more likely July. latest info ( as of Monday last ) dealer "expects" car 31st July, I suppose that means I get it around mid August ( my birthday :blush: ).

So .....from time of changing spec, (feb 3rd) until I get the car - minimum 28 weeks / 7 months jeezypeeps :excl:

It had SO better be rattle free and worth it in every respect :excl::excl::excl: I am a cash buyer too !

Missed you mate - have you been enjoying the sun or something?

Anyway - I reckon I'd wait till '56 is out...but then it all depends on what they'll give you for paying the balance in August and taking it early, and also it depends on how long you keep it.

If it's more than 5 or 6 years it won't make too much of a difference, but if you intend to sell it in a year or three it could be worth as much £750!!

Missed you mate - have you been enjoying the sun or something?

Anyway - I reckon I'd wait till '56 is out...but then it all depends on what they'll give you for paying the balance in August and taking it early, and also it depends on how long you keep it.

If it's more than 5 or 6 years it won't make too much of a difference, but if you intend to sell it in a year or three it could be worth as much £750!!

Hi m8y....yep we have been enjoying our small apartment in Turkey :D

Also been busy again getting back into one of my other main hobbies - R/C flying....as well of course as gadding about in the Hawke :D :D

Incidentally, I dont intend selling the car any time soon, but you never know what may happen do ya?

A very popular car in its first year of manufacture is bound to have long leads times, especially when it starts at £22K.

With higher end machines like the BMW M3 (£40K), Audi RS4 (£50K), Aston-Martin V8 Vantage (£80K), and Bentley Continental GT (£115K) the lead times were all horrendous. By comparison, Lexus isn't doing badly IMHO. Moreover, the low average number of glitches per car, compared to Aston-Martin for example, shows they must be doing something right.

With production now fully on-line and various improvements made (e.g. seat belts, dash mountings and not much else), new IS cars rolling off the production line are now settling into an extremely reliable pattern of consistently high quality.

Some years ago I bought one of the first Volkswagen VR6s in the country and while it was okay, there were tons of things they changed after the second year. Then again, after buying one of the first Audi A2s, I suffered no end of quality problems. So I vowed never again to buy a car in the first year of production.

Order an IS now and all should be well. That said, if JD Powers is to be believed, anyone who bought an IS in its first year of production had a much better expereince than people buying a Mercedes-Benz E-Class in its 4th year of production.

My IS250 SEL auto with MM arrives in September. I ordered the car in May. I could have taken delivery of one in June, but wanted a sun roof so had to submit a factory order, hence the delay.

My delivery time seems similar to Tailpipe although perhaps slightly longer...

Originally ordered 250SE Canterbury Blue with Pembroke Black leather MM and sunroof in early April. Given delivery date sometime in August (so say 4.5 months).

However wife and I reconsidered interior and decided to switch to Sussex Grey...at which point we nwere sent to back of the queue. This was week 1 in June and am now expecting delivery late October/early November: so 4.5 to 5.5 months from date of revised order. :ohmy:

My delivery time seems similar to Tailpipe although perhaps slightly longer...

Originally ordered 250SE Canterbury Blue with Pembroke Black leather MM and sunroof in early April. Given delivery date sometime in August (so say 4.5 months).

However wife and I reconsidered interior and decided to switch to Sussex Grey...at which point we nwere sent to back of the queue. This was week 1 in June and am now expecting delivery late October/early November: so 4.5 to 5.5 months from date of revised order. :ohmy:

Nice interior choice :winky: