Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Essential Extra's Not In Car

Quite suprised to hear there's no autolocking, it seems pretty standard these days across new cars.

Do the old and new IS have a button the dash somewhere to lock the doors manually then?

Yep, there is a button that will lock/unlock all doors on the driver's door armrest in old and new IS.

On both front door armrests on the new IS...

And you can use these to lock the doors while moving. Then when you push the stop button, just the drivers door unlocks. This implies that within the realms of the ECU some of the commands for auto locking are there...

In my A4, the doors would autolock and then the drivers door would unlock when you pulled the key out of the ignition...the new IS is already half way there! :blush:

Other things - the area around the rear view mirror - it has the aweful cheapo "dotted" stuff to try and sheild the gap where the visors don't reach. It doesn't work at all. I would much rather have a shade band across the top of the screen and like Audi does - have a small flap visor which flips down behind the rear view morror....worked really well on my old car!

Auto dip of the side mirros when reversing like the Auto and GS an all variants of the New IS.

Removal of nanny features for mobile and Sat Nav - you can't even set destination to "Previously visited" whilst driving unless you store them into the numbered memory, but there's only a few of those!! ..but you can access the map and set a destination while driving by scrolling around on the map :duh: though I still think that the DVD block should stay!!

Massage function on the drivers seat (if legroom at the back isn't impeded) - inspite of it's ugliness, the new 7 series with Active seats is wonderful place to be....and with cooled seats the only thing left is that...

How about an SD/MMC card slot for music and Video - it means you don't have to carry your Ipod about at all.

Change lane function of the indicator stalks - one half push/let go and the indicators blink thrice...

Quite suprised to hear there's no autolocking, it seems pretty standard these days across new cars.

Do the old and new IS have a button the dash somewhere to lock the doors manually then?

Yep, there is a button that will lock/unlock all doors on the driver's door armrest in old and new IS.

Auto dip of the side mirros when reversing like the Auto and GS an all variants of the New IS.

Jamboo, my Sport auto dips the side mirrors when reversing, so not sure which specs do and don't? :blink:

Its very useful aswell when parallel parking.

The only other things I miss are auto retractable wing mirrors and auto locking again...

Jamboo, my Sport auto dips the side mirrors when reversing, so not sure which specs do and don't? :blink:

Roonaldo, I think It's missing on the Base and the SE by the looks of it...

Roonaldo, I think It's missing on the Base and the SE by the looks of it...

Thats a bit poor then, its hardly a massive value adding feature, just very useful.

Thats a bit poor then, its hardly a massive value adding feature, just very useful.

:lol: cost cutting - I bet it's only missing software!! I bet all of the wiring is already there or provided for in the main looms and ECU.

If I remember rightly, neither the base or SE have memory for the seats and mirrors. So that could be why those models lack the mirror tilting - the car wouldn't be aware which position to return the mirrors too. Or it could just be cost-cutting like you say!

:lol: cost cutting - I bet it's only missing software!! I bet all of the wiring is already there or provided for in the main looms and ECU.

If I remember rightly, neither the base or SE have memory for the seats and mirrors. So that could be why those models lack the mirror tilting - the car wouldn't be aware which position to return the mirrors too. Or it could just be cost-cutting like you say!

Absolutely - but the mirror dipping when reverse engaged is what I think should be standard. That's the other thing too - having had e/seats for the first time, I can see no real advantage at all unless it has a memory function.

It's just slow...give me a ratchet type anytime!!

Being as the climate control needs to ascertain the interior temperature to function properly it would be nice if they displayed somewhere what it thinks is the current interior temperature.

Agree with the mirrors moving when you select reverse, had that on a few Citroens and it was a boon. I would have liked it on both mirrors though. Being as you set the reverse angles it could be used, or not, as required.

12v socket in the boot would be handy.

A TV tuner, like I had in my old IS200, ideal for keeping everyone amused when in traffic jams etc.

Ask and thy will be done, speak to an old friend of mine, Julian at NAV TV he will help you out with TV

in your car or even freeview. http://www.nav.tv/products.php?prodcat=17&catname=Lexus

Freeview here http://www.soundlinx.co.uk/ProductFinder/d...uctcode=DIG01TV

Infinity............

I would like to an electronic parking brake (where you just press a button to engage the hand brake) as I am starting to find the foot break a pain in the @ss. My other halfs Disco has this feature and I think it's very cool.

I understand the new LS will have this feature so it is only a matter of time before it filters down to the other models. The new LS will have a button to engage the brake, but when you want to disengage you just put your foot on the accelerator.

Knee rest.......

As a typical man i drive with my legs apart :whistling: and on long journeys find myself resting my right knee against the door panel ....

would be great if there was a purpose designed knee rest!

:)

d) Puncture/Tyre pressure warning system

The American models have the tyre pressure warning system. I wouldn't be suprised if eveything is already in place and it just needs activating plus the sensors for the wheels.

And it seems to be a lot of problems with it. False alarms and such.

A tad more storage space would be nice up front...there's no where for coins (other than the ashtray, but it's not designed for that), the glove box is slightly pokey and the armrest is for your Ipod and phone...

I find between the seat and the console a good place to store coins :D

Absolutely - but the mirror dipping when reverse engaged is what I think should be standard. That's the other thing too - having had e/seats for the first time, I can see no real advantage at all unless it has a memory function.

The dipping function of the mirrors depends on the postion of the mirror selection control. If it is in the centre position, the mirrors will not dip, if the switch is on the left or right mirror, they will dip - give it a try.

The dipping function of the mirrors depends on the postion of the mirror selection control. If it is in the centre position, the mirrors will not dip, if the switch is on the left or right mirror, they will dip - give it a try.

You are correct but it doesn't work on the base or SE.

• 3 weeks later...

split /folding rear seats

voice command of sunroof ( why DO they call it moonroof?? )

coin storage - yes ( I use the ashtray with a little cloth bag to stop R****es )

Toilets / fast food joints in the POIs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ability to change destination while on the go - I can fiddle with all sorts of other things on the screen which is far more dangerous

proper handbrake for the auto instead of silly footpedal ( my old Xedos auto had it so it can be done )

and most of what others have already said :blush:

Oh yes ...and better POIs in case I hadnt mentioned it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links