Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Essential Extra's Not In Car

Now that a good few of us have our cars for a while, I thought that it might be a good idea for us to let Lexus know what we think they should have put in our cars ( small extras) that one would expect to have in a car of this price and quality. Can I start the ball rolling with touch up paint.

Now that a good few of us have our cars for a while, I thought that it might be a good idea for us to let Lexus know what we think they should have put in our cars ( small extras) that one would expect to have in a car of this price and quality. Can I start the ball rolling with touch up paint.

Do they not give you touch up paint anymore? I'd be a little surprised if they've stopped that....... :o

There was a bottle of touch up paint in my IS250 SE-L when I picked it up. It was coloured black wich surprised me as the car is coloured Argento Ice. Had I noticed this while at the dealers I would have changed it, but unfortuneately I was back home before discovering this useless gift. :duh:

What I would really like to see is an option of choosing which DVD you want for the Sat Nav system. Either the whole of Europe as supplied or one just covering the UK in far greater detail. I and I'm sure others never do and have no intention of taking the Lexus abroad. Even if a trip abroad was planned the Lexus could rent you a suitable DVD for the duration of the trip.

Strange as I got touch up in my 220 and my old 200.....

I agree with Steve about the locking - big omission that one. My next item is I'd also like the mirrors to fold automatically on ignition on/off.

Obviously if they included 19" rims as well that'd be nice :winky:

I agree with Steve about the locking - big omission that one. My next item is I'd also like the mirrors to fold automatically on ignition on/off.

Here what I do.

Park, Press wing mirror Switch (Mirrors fold in) Turn off ignition, press wing mirror switch.

Then when I start the car next time wing mirrors fold out.

I must admit though it would be better if all this stuff was automatic and configurable on a menu. It's obviously possible as all controlled by computer.

That’s exactly what I do with the wing mirror Arkanoid.

I did receive touch up paint with my IS 250.

I think they should have:

a) Auto locking on drive off

B) Sunglass holder

c) Automatic boot

d) Puncture/Tyre pressure warning system

e) And sunroof should have come standard!

I guess I am asking too much.....Maybe, they could have done without the nanny features and got the above as standard!

On an other note, I had a weird sound from the wing mirror yesterday and guess what – Lexus have agreed to replace the wing mirror! I am so pleased-no more hassles.

Javeed

The American models have the tyre pressure warning system. I wouldn't be suprised if eveything is already in place and it just needs activating plus the sensors for the wheels.

Here what I do.

Park, Press wing mirror Switch (Mirrors fold in) Turn off ignition, press wing mirror switch.

Then when I start the car next time wing mirrors fold out.

I must admit though it would be better if all this stuff was automatic and configurable on a menu. It's obviously possible as all controlled by computer.

I do the same with my car Arkanoid!

I got some touch up paint but never checked what colour I was given!

I would like to an electronic parking brake (where you just press a button to engage the hand brake) as I am starting to find the foot break a pain in the @ss. My other halfs Disco has this feature and I think it's very cool.

Items I'd like to come as standard in my Lexus, just little things but would just make it a bit more perfect:

1. Cooled glovebox.

2. Illumination for the petrol flap and boot release.

3. Somewhere for my spare change and sunglasses.

4. Tilt forwards on head restraints.

5. Kylie Minogue

I should be so lucky...

B) Sunglass holder

c) Automatic boot

I guess I am asking too much.....Maybe, they could have done without the nanny features and got the above as standard!

On an other note, I had a weird sound from the wing mirror yesterday and guess what – Lexus have agreed to replace the wing mirror! I am so pleased-no more hassles.

Javeed

Please dont ask for a sunroof as standard all of us very tall drivers find it a hassle getting comfortable, i'm 6'5" and my old IS had a sunroof after a couple of hours behind the wheel i got a crick in my neck.

Definatly have the auto boot lid and sunglasses holder.

And how about Internet Explorer on the Nav Screen via Bluetooth mobile connection or even mobile email on screen.

Lexus fitted mp3 drive, removeable to load up music files :)

Infinity..........

B) Sunglass holder

c) Automatic boot

Javeed

Please dont ask for a sunroof as standard all of us very tall drivers find it a hassle getting comfortable, i'm 6'5" and my old IS had a sunroof after a couple of hours behind the wheel i got a crick in my neck.

Definatly have the auto boot lid and sunglasses holder.

And how about Internet Explorer on the Nav Screen via Bluetooth mobile connection or even mobile email on screen.

Lexus fitted mp3 drive, removeable to load up music files :)

Infinity..........

The blue screen of death at every junction and a virus that takes over your steering wheel :) No thanks, I'd rather not have any microsoft products in my car!

Now a wifi connection that allowed me to collect e-mail at petrol stations, service stations etc would be good.

Also text messages read out or displayed on the MM - the wife's 807 will read back and display your text messages.

The ability to sync the car's phone book and built in calendar with my Mac (iSync) would also be nice to have.

I would like to an electronic parking brake (where you just press a button to engage the hand brake) as I am starting to find the foot break a pain in the @ss. My other halfs Disco has this feature and I think it's very cool.

Why bother with the parking brake?... I have had my GS for 5 months now and have NEVER used the parking brake - ONCE. Come to think of it I have had auto cars for 10 years now and don't thing I've ever applied the handbrake/parking brake in any of them !! - Once you stick it in park the transmissions locked so your car aint going anywhere...

The Ed

Lexus fitted mp3 drive, removeable to load up music files

With wifi connection for transferring music from home pc.

Just realised I said the same a few years ago. I guess they didn't listen to me when they designed the IS250 :(

Nice little gadget would be linking the miles to go in the tank display to the Nav so you know where the petrol stations are you can reach before you run out.

Infinity

Why bother with the parking brake?... I have had my GS for 5 months now and have NEVER used the parking brake - ONCE. Come to think of it I have had auto cars for 10 years now and don't thing I've ever applied the handbrake/parking brake in any of them !! - Once you stick it in park the transmissions locked so your car aint going anywhere...

The Ed

Two reasons - firstly having never had an auto I tend to apply the brake as if I am still driving a manual, when I probably don't need to. Old habits die hard!

Secondly I don't like keeping my foot on the brake when stationary in traffic. I would rather put into neutral and put the parking brake on. I suppose I could put it into Park but when in stop start traffic I find this awkward.

I have only had an auto for six months after 17 years of using a manual, it's just a case of getting used to it! :driving:

Also, I believe there is legislation relating to blinding people with unnecessary lights - ie sitting in front of me with brake lights on all the time. However, if you are talking about park mode on the auto box, then that is not the same as applying the footbrake constantly, and annoyingly, every time you stop.

The other annoying thing with autos can be when moving from park to drive, when sitting at lights fior example, it goes past reverse and puts the reverse lights on - which can be a bit disconcerting. There are a lot of very lazy auto drivers out there I reckon.

Brian :)

The other annoying thing with autos can be when moving from park to drive, when sitting at lights fior example, it goes past reverse and puts the reverse lights on - which can be a bit disconcerting. There are a lot of very lazy auto drivers out there I reckon.

Brian :)

That is the other reason why I like to put mine into Neutral too!

Mostly covered, but also:

1) USB connector for Docking peripherals (for Ipod, mobile phone etc)

2) Auto Door Locking

3) Touch up paint (mine never had it - I got zero freebies)

4) Volume of SatNav - should be louder!!

5) DVD MP3 discs

6) user configurable Menu - like BMW - through proff Nav you can change auto locks, auto mirrors, indicators cancel, etc etc

Quite suprised to hear there's no autolocking, it seems pretty standard these days across new cars.

Do the old and new IS have a button the dash somewhere to lock the doors manually then?

Yep, there is a button that will lock/unlock all doors on the driver's door armrest in old and new IS.