Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Connection And Blackberry 8700 - Disconnecting

Hi,

Has anyone actually managed to get a stable Bluetooth connection between a Blackberry 8700 and an RX400 ? I realise the address book transfer may be a non starter (although in theory the 8700 is one of the few Blackberrys that allows it), but just the 'normal' 'phone connection itself seems to be very flakey - constantly dropping / reconnecting. I've tried a couple of other phones too - slightly more reliable although still very far from perfect.

I've tried the usual - ensuring the car is one of the phone's trusted devices, but connectivity still seems to be very hit and miss. I thought I had seen a step by step guide on one of the forums to actually getting a reliable connection (stand on one leg / phase of moon, etc...) but haven't been able to find it again.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. It is resolved in the new Navigation system (i.e. new RX350 and IS) - but with our cars I guess we have to live with it. Do not, if you are talking the connection is stable. Also, if an incoming call comes it reconnects itself. You are only caught out when trying to make an outgoing call - when you may have to wait for a minute or so to call out.

I had exactly the same problem with a new Sony Ericsson W800i - I sent my phone back 4 times because each time there was a slightly different Bluetooth fault manifestation. My final phone works fine.

I *think* that there are slight discrepancies with the way Bluetooth protocols are programmed into phones and the Lexus is very unforgiving considering how stoneage it is compared to other Bluetooth systems. The only solution I can offer is either a) demand a replacement handset until the protocols like each other or B) try to download new software to your handset. This last option wouldn't work with mine because Vodafone had locked the handset for phone software upgrades - I think this can be overcome by 'unlocking' your phone at an independent phone retailer.

Good luck!

Loop