Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Benefit Of The Hot Weather

MacRS200

2nd fill up today since the hot weather started and I am getting 25 mpg, up from 22 mpg. That's around a 14% improvement and that includes using the aircon :D

Anyone else found that?

I've not noticed any appreciable difference but the A/C is working its nuts off and the consumption isn't going down so I'd say there was improvement there somewhere - just not seeing it on face value.

Nonsense! How can an engine be more efficient when it's drawing warner air? :blink: :duh:

Air less dense so injects less fuel maybe :duh:

Why did you go to all that trouble to get cold air into BB then :lol:

Nonsense! How can an engine be more efficient when it's drawing warner air? :blink: :duh:

You must remember the 'Large Injectors' saga a few weeks back. That spun off another thread which covered warm fuel being nearer flash point etc etc

Post #6 in the below refers. As to a measurable benefit, who knows??? I covered it at Uni but can't remember much from then nowadays

Forum

2nd fill up today since the hot weather started and I am getting 25 mpg, up from 22 mpg. That's around a 14% improvement and that includes using the aircon :D

Anyone else found that?

I have noticed better economy for some strange reason.

yes but getting colder air = more dense air = more oxygen = more fuel = more power....does it not??

hence why you'd want a cold air box

Anyone else found that?

I agree, same here I noticed some improvement, I commute to work everyday covering 50 miles. I guess is somthing to do with our 3sge engines :whistling:

yes but getting colder air = more dense air = more oxygen = more fuel = more power....does it not??

hence why you'd want a cold air box

Um........yes, comment was a bit "tongue in cheek".

Exactly my point, the opposite should also apply, warm air = less fuel