Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all another question for you all, I seem to have a bit of over spray on my rear seat, not much but it is noticable, anyone know whether it could be removed with cellulose paint remover?

tia

Depends on how bad the overspray is....if it's not much a milder product might be better. Cellulose thinners will also remove the colour from the leather.

Whatever you do, DO NOT put cellulose or any solvent based products any where near your leather.

The leather in modern cars is 99% 'finished' (painted) with water based finishes, and any solvent product will strip the finish right off.

The best thing to clean your seats with is Dove liquid soap or similar, made up into a mild solution.

All of these leather 'feeds' and post treatments are a waste of money, the finish on the leather is designed to be water, dirt, scratc etc etc repellant. They are a throw back to when seats were made with veg tanned leather with no finish.

Sorry for the lecture, I am a leather technologist working for the biggest supplier of automotive leather in the world and it annoys me that these big companies rip people off with their hard earned money for products that do jack sh*t !

Whatever you do, DO NOT put cellulose or any solvent based products any where near your leather.

The leather in modern cars is 99% 'finished' (painted) with water based finishes, and any solvent product will strip the finish right off.

The best thing to clean your seats with is Dove liquid soap or similar, made up into a mild solution.

All of these leather 'feeds' and post treatments are a waste of money, the finish on the leather is designed to be water, dirt, scratc etc etc repellant. They are a throw back to when seats were made with veg tanned leather with no finish.

Sorry for the lecture, I am a leather technologist working for the biggest supplier of automotive leather in the world and it annoys me that these big companies rip people off with their hard earned money for products that do jack sh*t !

Thanks for the wisdom duffyt, the cellulose is under lock and key lol!

I'll let ya know how I get on

all the best