Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Depreciation?

Hi

We're considering buying a second hand RX300 - I believe it's series II - for about 45000CHF which is 19,663.94 UK Sterling. Does that sound about right for a three year old car? Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks a lot

Claire

I recently bought a second hand RX300 SEL, 2004 plate with only 17000 miles. I paid £25k. I was happy but looking at the forums others arent.

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of buying a used RX300 aswell (SEL) - about 2-3 years old. Any info on how much i should expect to pay, but most of all i would much appreciate if fellow RX300 owners were to post their experiences (good and/or bad) that will allow me to make the most informed judgement. I have read various reviews and all were encouraging but there is nothing like first hand experience.

Thanks,

Sunny

Hi

We're considering buying a second hand RX300 - I believe it's series II - for about 45000CHF which is 19,663.94 UK Sterling. Does that sound about right for a three year old car? Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks a lot

Claire

Hi Claire,

Over here in the UK, we managed to purchase a MINT RX300 (first reg April 03) with only 23000 miles on the clock, via a Main Lexus Distributor for £16500. Fully taxed, 12 months warranty,SE model etc. etc.

Your price seems a little high to me.... What do other members think...

On the side we have had a Brink detachable towbar and electrics fitted and we have already made 3 fairly long caravan trips... Without a doubt it is the best tow car I have ever had and the nicest car I have ever driven.

Roy

The Book Price is always too low.

This is because the insurance companies will only pay the book price if you have an accident and the car is written off. This means second hand is always a LOT better value for money.

Because a Lexus will not show age, a full set of records to verify mileage might be a good idea.

Hi

Thanks a lot

Claire

Hi Clare, i sold a Silver RX 300 SE with sat nav 2000 miles on clock, 10 months old, cost £37k Dealer would only give me £26k because i presume the car had become obsolete as they had bought out a bigger engine!!!!!!!!!!!! i had previoslly bought 6 Lexus cars from new since 1999. Don't get me wrong lovely cars, but don't expect them to hold value because they wont. 2 or 3 years ago they were the car to have, dealers could not do enough for you, now they are just like German cars and customers get treated like Mecedes and BMW owners, not very good. Anyway don't let me put you off because as i say they are good cars. Rant over.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks a lot

Claire

Hi Clare, i sold a Silver RX 300 SE with sat nav 2000 miles on clock, 10 months old, cost £37k Dealer would only give me £26k because i presume the car had become obsolete as they had bought out a bigger engine!!!!!!!!!!!! i had previoslly bought 6 Lexus cars from new since 1999. Don't get me wrong lovely cars, but don't expect them to hold value because they wont. 2 or 3 years ago they were the car to have, dealers could not do enough for you, now they are just like German cars and customers get treated like Mecedes and BMW owners, not very good. Anyway don't let me put you off because as i say they are good cars. Rant over.

Any comments on that Lexus owners?

I've had mine just about 18 months... and so far a very good buy...

-'s....

- Fuel consumption, 18mpg around town..oooch !

- Depreciation, think I'll loose a bucket on money when I trade, fuel prices murdering residuals.

- alloys are corroding.

- Bit wallowy around corners, but I knew this when I bought it.

- SE stereo is not really that good.

+'s

+ No other niggles, faults.

+ Looks and drives like when I got it.

+ Very comfortable, quiet car.

+ Dealer excellent (though no cause to test them out, only been back for yearly service...just the way I like it).

+ Much better service than my last BMW..they were hopeless.

+ Loads of equipment as standard...soooo much better than BMW etc in that respect.

Would I buy another....mmmm.. certainly not new, I'd look at SEL's for the better stereo... and next time I want something different. Always want something different next time though.

Overall a good car, just make sure you appreciate the amount of fuel that the car will drink....