Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Photo Being Used

peter026

before payment or cash changes hands, be sure to confirm WHERE the photo will be used, whether it will be REFERENCED, and it will be in its ORIGINAL format.

If the 3rd party also wishes to use it other than the places stated, be sure that he knows you MUST be informed.

I don't know the contents of the photo, but better to be safe and covered than being sued for it's use, incase of the contents depicted in the photo.

Not sure if i make sense. :duh:

But WELL DONE :D i wish i could get my photo's sold.... if anyone's interested i can supply a linky. :D

It's a photo of a bomb damaged building in Verosha. The author is from Arizona University and chapter in his book is about Verosha and I will be credited as the photographer..........I hope the resolution is high enough for him at 1724 X 768

It's a photo of a bomb damaged building in Verosha. The author is from Arizona University and chapter in his book is about Verosha and I will be credited as the photographer..........I hope the resolution is high enough for him at 1724 X 768

Sounds like it's a safe deal :D resolution sounds like it should be high enough too :) i'd recommend you take a few backups of the file, and have it printed at a photo shop (obtain a receipt) as a small proof of the date and perhaps somehow that this image belongs to you :)

sorry if i'm sounding very pedantic, but it's oh so easy for people to claim others work as their own, and i wouldn't want you to be a victim of fraud in the future, and not be compensated for your photography :)

slightly :offtopic:

Client and I wanted to use a photo posted on pbase.

Great image and would have been good for everyone. We tried for weeks to contact the photographer with no avail.

In the end lawyer advised us not to use it, shame was great picture. Would have had national and international viewing if we knew who to pay!

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Just heard that they are going to use the Photograph.........The Techno wizards are going to convert it to black and white for the book.............and the best bit, they are paying me $100 :D approx £54