Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting A Parrot Ck3100 Into A Gs300 Mk2 With Satnav

I'm wanting to install a Parrot CK3100 into my GS300 mk2 with CD satnav 1999. does anyone have a wiring diagram? I tried doing a search but some of the older posts seem to be corrupted, DOH!!

I assume the best place to mount the control box is behind the glovebox where the amp is?

has anyone fitted one into a GS300 ? provide any hints or tips?

Many Thanks

Brett

I had mine profesionally installed - do you want to use an external speaker or connect it to the front speaker?

The guy who installed mine used a box which contains a relay to do the speaker switching - I think the only non-standard thing then (the parrot plugs into it via a standard ISO connector) is the mute - also I remember he had to jumper over the subwoofer connection because the lead didn't connect that across..

However, if you haven't already bought a Parrot handsfree kit, I would recommend you don't. I personally think it's <insert favourite expletive> and would not recommend it.

I used to have a hard-wired Nokia (HF-1 I think) kit in a Renault Laguna (installed it myself) - I could drive on a main road and many people had no idea I was in a car. With the Parrot in a GS300 (much quieter car), most people find it hard to hold a conversation and complain of hearing their voice echoed back to them and a huge amount of road / wind noise.

Also, with my handset (a Motorola V3, with varying firmware versions) - it repeatedly drops calls, or I will hear the caller but they can't hear me, or worse it drops half of the calls and leaves the caller connected but won't allow the call to be terminated from the control panel. Customer support was not very good.

It's cheap and it shows, unfortunately.

Just my thoughts..

ah too late i already have it :(

but i wanted to connect it to one of the front speakers

but i do have an old nokia speaker i could use if i must

just need a diagram now :(

thanks anyway

PM'd :)

Hi,

Try here:

http://www.bedlib.org/ebsco.html

Click on the ARRC logo and you should get a list of years, then choose a make and model.

They have the 1999 sound wiring diagrams for the GS300 that you are looking for.

Thats a great website, Thanks for the link but Im not sure if its the same as it seperates out the left speaker for the nav and its the right one in the UK :)

I had mine profesionally installed - do you want to use an external speaker or connect it to the front speaker?

The guy who installed mine used a box which contains a relay to do the speaker switching - I think the only non-standard thing then (the parrot plugs into it via a standard ISO connector) is the mute - also I remember he had to jumper over the subwoofer connection because the lead didn't connect that across..

However, if you haven't already bought a Parrot handsfree kit, I would recommend you don't. I personally think it's <insert favourite expletive> and would not recommend it.

I used to have a hard-wired Nokia (HF-1 I think) kit in a Renault Laguna (installed it myself) - I could drive on a main road and many people had no idea I was in a car. With the Parrot in a GS300 (much quieter car), most people find it hard to hold a conversation and complain of hearing their voice echoed back to them and a huge amount of road / wind noise.

Also, with my handset (a Motorola V3, with varying firmware versions) - it repeatedly drops calls, or I will hear the caller but they can't hear me, or worse it drops half of the calls and leaves the caller connected but won't allow the call to be terminated from the control panel. Customer support was not very good.

It's cheap and it shows, unfortunately.

Just my thoughts..

I've brought 2 of these for different members of my family, as thought they were excellent bits of kit, installed both myself.

Perhaps you had a bad install, or a faulty unit, funnily enough they both use Motorola V3's aswell, no problems at all.

Strange.

I guess it's possible - although I've read a few posts on Parrot's own forums from other V3 owners with similar problems and they never got a useful reply.

I think the sound quality is subjective - the sound quality of the parrot is definitely usable but compared to the quality of my old wired Nokia, it's poor.

Just out of interest, which version of the V3 are you using?

Thanks Guys :) Altho now having the wiring diagrams, Im still not much the wiser as to how im going to make it come out of the cars speakers. On the diagrams it shows a telephone module, is this something extra that would have been fitted if a car phone was included at the factory?

If not is there a line in somewhere on the amp?

If you've just got the pre-facelift Lexus Premium sound system you'll need something like this:

Autoleads Telemute

It converts the car loom to an ISO loom, plugs into it and has a relay in it to isolate the drivers speaker.

You'll also need to get at the 'mute' lead (should be on the wiring diagram).

If you've got the Mark Levinson system then it's unlikely you'll be able to find anything that will do the job.

Anyway, this setup works on my CD based navigator system - seems to work okay.

Like I said in my earlier post - you might need to jumper over the subwoofer pins on this lead because I suspect they're not connected...

Hope that helps - good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, other stuff came up and I havent got round to trying yet. Looks like im going to have to either use a seperate speaker or try to wire it to one in the door ala the sat nav. any luck with yours?

To be honest, other stuff came up and I havent got round to trying yet. Looks like im going to have to either use a seperate speaker or try to wire it to one in the door ala the sat nav. any luck with yours?

Not at all dude,

I went to my local audio/alarm shop and the guy says he can do it via the car speakers, but he wants too much money. I trust this guy and know he can do it as he has worked on a friends motor before. He seems to know his stuff.

May just bite the bullet and get hm to do it, dunno tho

• 2 years later...