Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mp3 Players

I'm considering buying an MP3 player for car/personnal use.

I understand that its mostly personal choice on style and memory size

but, are all players compatible with the new IS250 or do some have more functionallity

in the car than others.

Not particulaly keen on Ipod would prefer Zen, does it make any difference in the car.

or do they all do the same thing ?

Any info greatly appreciated, i don't want to buy a lemon. ;)

Cheers in advance

Infinity..............

I'm considering buying an MP3 player for car/personnal use.

I understand that its mostly personal choice on style and memory size

but, are all players compatible with the new IS250 or do some have more functionallity

in the car than others.

Not particulaly keen on Ipod would prefer Zen, does it make any difference in the car.

or do they all do the same thing ?

Any info greatly appreciated, i don't want to buy a lemon. ;)

Cheers in advance

Infinity..............

Only thing to think about is the iPod is the player that is most likely to get a "proper" kit to connect to the MM. You can get one currently that will let you control the iPod from the steering wheel and also display albumn and song title on the MM.

I also think that Lexus will come up with a dedicated kit.

Thanks Scott

Is that an Ipod cable or a 3rd party cable.

I could do with a bit more info, does Zen do cables to connect into the car.

I have an aversion to apple and the Itunes software, i would prefer not to use it as its not reverse compatable for the home system

Infinity

With the way the car is as standard, you could buy absolutely any mp3 player you like, as there will be no "integration" at all, it is simply connecting up an audio source with a standard audio cable. You will therefore change tracks and stuff with the controls on the player and not through the car's stereo.

You could in fact plug in any audio source you want, even a tape player if you really wanted - it really is just an aux, same as if you were plugging something into the aux on the back of your home hifi.

However, as the other's have said, its most likely that at some point Lexus will introduce an iPod integration kit, so if you won't mind buying that as well (which I doubt will be cheap) then I'd recommend buying an iPod as you'll be able to change tracks with the stereo and steering wheel controls.

Some manufacturers are now including a choice - an Aux socket as stated or a USB connection for controlling MP3 and other "conforming" devices.

That has to be the future provided they agree on the what "Conformance" means.

In my opinion, the future is full A2DP Bluetooth support - can't be bothered with all these wires :P