Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uncapped Isp

Ryo

Got a nice email from my current isp F2S saying im using 2 much bandwidth

http://www.uk-bug.net/Article1156.html

same as mine but substitute the XXX for 93 gig. now im paying 25 a month for uncapped and unlimited BB downloading at 2 meg and 768 up, but if you kick the arse out of it they threaten to kick you off, so i needs another one, p2p, gaming and satellite all through a BB connection takes its toll,

anyway bulldog do one, just wondering if any one has any others they can recomend,

most now use a fair play clause that changes the rules when its uncapped.

any way play time

Steve

Im with UKonline 22 meg down (if you live next door to the exchange) 768 up £30 per month unlimited and I download ALOT using newsgroups at some great speeds :) mention me if u join and we both get a free month :)

Stay away from PLUSNET they had a purge on high users recently!! Just as you describe with your current ISP.

I'm with these and they keep restricting my downloads now. I can only download films etc from middnight to 4pm :duh: I thought it was meant to be unlimited :blink:

Steer clear of Tiscali, their customer service sucks big time (they've ignored two requests to close my account and have sent me a bill for the next 3-month period, insisting that it's paid - going to Trading Standards on Monday...)

telewest (blueyonder) are are brill

but does any one know about the new one out from sky as its cheaper then what i am paying and a bit faster but i don't know any one with it to tell me if its any good

don;t go with bulldog they are bad

in the places im registered with one of the admin recomends Bulldog as he uses a hell of a lot and has got no complaints so far,

lutonmatt sky uses the fair trade policy aswel (allready looked into that one) and can you tell me why bulldog are bad,

Brett , whats your average useage per week/month? (just been on uk online page, can only get 2 meg down and 256k up

:(

Steve

Got a nice email from my current isp F2S saying im using 2 much bandwidth

http://www.uk-bug.net/Article1156.html

same as mine but substitute the XXX for 93 gig. now im paying 25 a month for uncapped and unlimited BB downloading at 2 meg and 768 up, but if you kick the arse out of it they threaten to kick you off, so i needs another one, p2p, gaming and satellite all through a BB connection takes its toll,

anyway bulldog do one, just wondering if any one has any others they can recomend,

most now use a fair play clause that changes the rules when its uncapped.

any way play time

Steve

I had this same issue with BT - did some shopping around and went with Zen in the end (win lots of awards from users and very highly rated.). Not the cheapest but proper-uncapped, static IP and very very stable. Couldn't be happier.

Depends on "what's out" but usually about 10 - 20 gig a week.

A HI DEF movie in highest quality is around 10- 15 gig so if i get a couple of them too it shoots right up :)

download speeds are around 1600 to 1800k usually. Im guessing if you can only get upto 2 meg then either your exchange hasnt been upgraded yet or you live too far away from it.

click this http://www.samknows.com/broadband/phoneno.php

to find out about your exchange and what you can get.

Avoid bulldog they have sold out and are now in the process of selling their customers onto other ISP's so i doubt you could join up with them anyway.

Used to be with Zen and they were excellent, had the 8 IP package with them and couldn't have asked for any more, never had a problem, I'm with UKOnline now and yes they have excellent speed, I'm on the same package as Brettster, but the support is pathetic.

I have to tell them what to do to fix my connection when it's broken and I think I've probably had the last five months free as they keep refunding my money every time I lodge a complaint, which is pretty much every three weeks when the connection goes down! Going to try a different router, a Billion one as the supplied Netgear one is the worst bit of hardware I've ever had the displeasure of using!

The Easynet infrastructure is great, it's just a shame that UKO picked some ******* hardware to provide to the endusers, and now they've been taken over by Sky it seems the cap has beedn changed, which usezd to sit at 500GB a month, although it's not exactly as though you'd ever hit that!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links