Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Locking Once Locking Twice

GWilso

I'm trying to clear up the issues with the press once press twice sequence on the key fob after marcus's post about his recent breakin (Sorry to hear this Marcus) we discovered his alarm didn't go off and this got me worrying

Apparently there is a diffrence between the locking on pre 2001 model IS to the newer spec

I have a 99 IS & Currently I always press the fob lock twice for 5 flashes believing this double locks the car? but obviousley ill change this if pressing twice deactivates the microwave sensor or anyother part of the alarm.

I consulted the IS Bible but I must have a later manual as it tells me to press once for 5flashes and twice for 2 flashes :duh:

Apologies if this is bable but hey its early :yawn:

Can anyone clear this up?

good post mate, and thanks...........i have all ways pressed the key fob twice! thinking the car was deadlocked and sets the alarm! but this can not be so.........as my alarm did not go off!!

so yes any help of this would be good guys, i will all so do some testing today...........and get back to you guys

I have a Jan 2001 IS200 and in the manual it says pressing the fob twice will deactivate the sensor for when you won't to leave say a dog in the car (no funny comments!!) as so it won't set off the alarm, it says pressing it once when you get one flash of the hazards is setting the alarm.

its all very simple and no need for anyone to get in a panic, this is solved in 2 easy steps, and im surprised owners have not done it to find out themselves but anyway:

STEP 1: OPEN A WINDOW ON THE CAR, CLOSE DOORS AND LOCK CAR WITH KEY FOB, WAIT 30 SECONDS.

STEP 2: PUT YOUR ARM INSIDE THE CAR AND WAVE IT ABOUT - DID ALARM GO OFF???

YES? THEN YOU ONLY NEED TO PRESS THE BUTTON ONCE TO SET DEADLOCKS AND INTERNAL SENSOR. 2ND PRESS DEACTIVATES INTERNAL SENSOR AND DEADLOCKS.

NO?? THEN YOU NEED TO PRESS THE KEY TWICE TO ACTIVATE INTERNAL SENSOR AND DEADLOCKS. REPEAT ABOVE WITH 2 keyfob PRESSES TO CONFIRM

its all very simple and no need for anyone to get in a panic, this is solved in 2 easy steps, and im surprised owners have not done it to find out themselves but anyway:

STEP 1: OPEN A WINDOW ON THE CAR, CLOSE DOORS AND LOCK CAR WITH KEY FOB, WAIT 30 SECONDS.

YES? THEN YOU ONLY NEED TO PRESS THE BUTTON ONCE TO SET DEADLOCKS AND INTERNAL SENSOR. 2ND PRESS DEACTIVATES INTERNAL SENSOR AND DEADLOCKS.

NO?? THEN YOU NEED TO PRESS THE KEY TWICE TO ACTIVATE INTERNAL SENSOR AND DEADLOCKS. REPEAT ABOVE WITH 2 KEYFOB PRESSES TO CONFIRM

Good thinking Rob :D

NO?? THEN YOU NEED TO PRESS THE KEY TWICE TO ACTIVATE INTERNAL SENSOR AND DEADLOCKS. REPEAT ABOVE WITH 2 KEYFOB PRESSES TO CONFIRM

Thanks for the info

I have tried this under both circumstances and waving my arm through the window did not set the alarm off

but if i put the key in the door and turn it goes off so the alarm is working but why wont it work with the arm swinging??????

Any ideas oh and yes i waited the 30seconds for the alarm to set

The key is the 5 flashes - if you press the button twice and you get 5 flashes then it's the ealier version with 1 push for deadlocks, 2 pushes for interior sensor disable.

If you get 1 flash per push then it's the later version (post october 2001 I think) with 1 push for locked, 2 pushes for deadlocked.

Thanks for the info

I have tried this under both circumstances and waving my arm through the window did not set the alarm off

but if i put the key in the door and turn it goes off so the alarm is working but why wont it work with the arm swinging??????

Hi

You need to wave your arm by the rear interior light!, wait for the security light on the dash to start flashing and the lean over the back :winky:

2ddesign

Thanks for the info

you can get the sensitivity adjusted by the dealer, the sensors are in the main interior light - the 2 little raised sections. once it is set wait a minute or 2 then lean inside see if that sets it off

as i've always understood it to be is:

first press = alarm activated, sensors activated.

second press = sensors deactivated, deadlocks activated.

on single press, the siren sounds when: door is unlocked with key, unlocked from inside, ignition started, or movement in cabin.

on double press, the siren sounds when : door is unlocked with key, (cannot unlock from inside), or ignition is started.

Hi

You need to wave your arm by the rear interior light!, wait for the security light on the dash to start flashing and the lean over the back :winky:

2ddesign

After 2 presses, this method works fine for me, but only when you wave in the rear window. Front window wave didn't work, but as Rob says, I could always up the sensitivity if I was concerned.

IanB :D