Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-200 Bootspace, Buying Tips And Peformance

What should I be expecting bootspace wise from a IS-200 compared with a LS-400. What should I be looking for when I view one and what is the cambelt change period. Also what performance can be expected from a bog standard 2.0 one? :duh:

What should I be expecting bootspace wise from a IS-200 compared with a LS-400. What should I be looking for when I view one and what is the cambelt change period. Also what performance can be expected from a bog standard 2.0 one? :duh:

have a search / look in the newbie section and in the IS 200 sub forum. There is a FAQ pinned on everything you need to know about the IS200

I'm not the best person to ask on performance as I've not had chance to drive one properly, but I would say that although 9.5 seconds to 60mph doesn't sound that quick, a shift to third is needed to get to 60 so out on the road the car probably feels a bit quicker than the figures suggest.

Apparently they do move when you get them past 4000rpm, but the redline is at 6250rpm so the power band is not huge. Below 4000rpm I don't think they're especially quick.

Are you going for auto or manual?

Have you considered an IS300 if you want something more in line with LS performance?