Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

London Motor Show

Bobski

After going to the motor show at NEC for a few years, I thought the London show would be something to write about..............

In one word................UTTER CARP! (OK that was two :) )

The only thing worth a looksee IMO is a suspended breakdown of a F1 car on display at the Honda stand.

If you want to look at any cars....save the money and go to any car showroom!

The Excel is i think less than half the size of NEC, and a number of manufacturers i did not see there were....

BMW, VW, Audi, Ferrari, maserati, invicta…..pretty much all the small independent firms.

They have a supercar paddock, and a few other displays no one can actually go into…..what’s the point in that?

They do have a large amount of catering facilities there though, not that they were busy, as I think there were more staff there than visitors (I kid you not)……never seen a place more quiet!...........on a plus side there were still a fair amount of girls showing the cars off :P and they were a chatty lot (I think to relieve the boredom).

The lexus and Toyota stands and staff were as usual a nice friendly lot 

So that’s probably the last time I go to the London show…….oh well it only has it for 10yrs.

After going to the motor show at NEC for a few years, I thought the London show would be something to write about..............

The only thing worth a looksee IMO is a suspended breakdown of a F1 car on display at the Honda stand.

The Excel is i think less than half the size of NEC, and a number of manufacturers i did not see there were....

BMW, VW, Audi, Ferrari, maserati, invicta…..pretty much all the small independent firms.

They have a supercar paddock, and a few other displays no one can actually go into…..what’s the point in that?

They do have a large amount of catering facilities there though, not that they were busy, as I think there were more staff there than visitors (I kid you not)……never seen a place more quiet!...........on a plus side there were still a fair amount of girls showing the cars off :P and they were a chatty lot (I think to relieve the boredom).

So that’s probably the last time I go to the London show…….oh well it only has it for 10yrs.

I understood that BMW/MINI had a big display outside.

I understood that BMW/MINI had a big display outside.

yeh i was watching something on ITV last night and it showed BMW unveiling the new M6 convertable

i'll be going on sunday as will be in london at the in laws house saturday night,

interested in the rolls royce coupe, the racing 350z and 350BHP MURANO, plus the M6 convertible (quite tempted)

also wanna see the new LS and get couple brochures for the RX for my father in law

Seems like you missed half of it Bobski..

follow link to the Exhibitors.

http://www.britishmotorshow.co.uk/content.asp?CatID=9

I wouldnt say Half :)....mebe a 16th.........Yep i do apologise, the Beemer lot must be outside near the mini's ......

I tried to put my name down for the zoom zoom, but kept getting told to pop back to put my name down later (you get to do a timed trial around a figure of 8(ish) track, takes bout 30 seconds)

You can add skoda to the no show list though :blink:

If you go after 4 i think you get a reduced rate.

You can also stay for the Dock Rock event.............if you can hang around that long.

I still stand by my comments though...not a touch on NEC....be interesting to see others views if you go.

I'm goin Tuesday!

Lookin forward to it, can't grumble at £8 and its still a day out, but then i guess i only live down the road if your comin from far you want it to be something special.

Went on thursday, was alrite. Not many freebies at all! :blink:

And the most shocking thing was that ford had the best stand.

Rubbish cars, but they know how to entertain you.

Got a wet shave and they had an ice bar. :D

Was disappointed that you had to either queue up to get in the

''luxury' paddocks, or had to have a 'vip' invite! (jag, aston, bentley)

Outside was bmw, mini, and rolls. Think vw group have boycott

the show as didn't see vw, audi, skoda, maybe seat(not sure)

and no bugatti veyron!!! :o

Was a good day out, but not as good as it could of been!

Ps don't forgot your lexus bag!

Seat ARE there.

Very bland interiors they have too :)

The day cost me around £50.....20 for a first day ticket and 27 for the train.......i was home by 6:30....thats with the 2 hrs it took to get home.

If i lived in london and it was just a short hop then it would do for an evening out, if there is nothing on telly.

The BMW bit is not in the main area, so if you do go (and want to see the Beemers, Minis and rollers), turn right when you get past the ticket collectors...or ask them :)

Rob

Oh and yes i got a LEXUS bag :)........and some Nivea for men ;)

the bmw stand is pretty non descript, if they had the new m3 there they would have stole the show. lexus stand fairly small. hondas stand not bad, seat had the ladies and every thing else was run of the mill. having said that i had been to the swiss motor show, and i can say that was the better event. did notice a nice car from a company called connaught, they had a 2ltr supercharged v10 that looked rather nice.

i agree took the missuses today (sunday) had a look round was alright but not a patch on the NEC show...

i agree the Ford stand was impressive, and the only stand i got a hello from was the lexus... others were fairly showroomy... still a nice way to spend a sunday

Oh and yes i got a LEXUS bag :)........and some Nivea for men ;)

lol!

And I hope they dont run out! Coz I want one toooooo :D

Should be there this Thurs.

we went tonight

was good, it was a motorshow ! what do people expect

£5 to get in , cheap as chips

best bit was watching the TVR stand as some unruly kid, whilst his dad was on the mobile, decided it would be fun to climb on the bonnet of their showpiece raceing car, had his backside seated firmly in one the bonnet vents :lol::lol::lol: ...oh how those salesmen ran :lol:

Went on Tuesday was really good!

Only live down the road so not far to travel, as Bazza said its a motor show...

Ford was the best for entertainment, free drinks and ice lollys and a show/dance thing, not keen on the Focus CC and alot of Fords cars looked a bit dated, Fiesta, Mondeo.

Must say i wasn't too impressed with Lexus stand, nice LS460 but why were all the cars silver and no flagship IS on show! The girly who took my info didn't even have a good knowledge of the cars although i didn't mind talking to her! Lol! The misses did though!!

Was well impressed with the new Corsa and Twintop and Astra VXR!

The theatre show was o.......k, good half hour break, the 4x4 experience, well, i was like, is that it!! Over before it begun and the food was ***** e and overpriced!

Oh and BM plaza was good, love the new 5 and think the new 3-Coupe will be somethin too!

Still, happy with my IS for now! :)

Has anyone who has been bother with that Motor Theatre thing???

Wasn't that great to be honest, seeing as we paid for it I thought it would be good, but if anyone was at the NEC a few years ago, the show Mini put on was far better

The show was good overall, if perhaps a little small. Also a bit of a shame that it seemed on every stand, you couldn't get in the car you really wanted to

Didn't get to do much of the outdoor stuff, but did wait for the Mazda zoom-zoom challenge which I wasn't great at but was so much fun! I'm so getting myself booked into a track day very soon........ :winky:

Car show or concert hall....i cant make my mind up.

If you lived in london its fine, less than a tenner, but unless they make a really decent job of it next time...............nuff said :)

Has anyone who has been bother with that Motor Theatre thing???

Wasn't that great to be honest, seeing as we paid for it I thought it would be good, but if anyone was at the NEC a few years ago, the show Mini put on was far better

The show was good overall, if perhaps a little small. Also a bit of a shame that it seemed on every stand, you couldn't get in the car you really wanted to

Didn't get to do much of the outdoor stuff, but did wait for the Mazda zoom-zoom challenge which I wasn't great at but was so much fun! I'm so getting myself booked into a track day very soon........ :winky:

Hehe. I ended up having a butcher's @ the Motor Theatre on the day, as my mate wanted to. Wasn't that bad. the drifting was pretty cool, as were the motorbikes. Didn't follow the storyline at all tbh...

The Mazda challenge was good fun :) Did it in just over 25 sec in the RX-8.

The Ice bar was a good meeting point - we ended up having about 5 lollies each that day!!!

The supercar pad was great.

Oh, and the Lexus Bag? What's the big deal? Nice bag, but just brochures inside.

D.