Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Repair Manual

I've been looking for an IS200 repair manual, there are some on eBay (on cd) for other models but I just can not seem to get a copy unless I'm willing to pay £20 for a copied cd-rom. I decided to phone Lexus in Cambridge which resulted in them telling me they would be lucky if they could get me one atall.

I have been on the Lexus Tech Docs site http://techdoc.lexus-europe.com and paid to download the documents only to find that the site isn't working correctly. :tsktsk:

Please can anyone advise me where to get hold of this manual?

Ive done alot of work on mine myself, fitting the super charger, brake pads etc etc, zaust....ive had it serviced at an independant for a "stamp" other than that.......there despite the japs over engineering...there ok to work on really.

Most of the basic stuff is covered here under the knowledge base....have a go mate. Again, im sure others would be more than willing help fitting, advising etc etc......if you need help and live local-ish....i could nip down?

What plans have you got?

Ive done alot of work on mine myself, fitting the super charger, brake pads etc etc, zaust....ive had it serviced at an independant for a "stamp" other than that.......there despite the japs over engineering...there ok to work on really.

Most of the basic stuff is covered here under the knowledge base....have a go mate. Again, im sure others would be more than willing help fitting, advising etc etc......if you need help and live local-ish....i could nip down?

What plans have you got?

The first thing I want to do is change the plugs for Denso IK20's, I've been down the local garages but they just don't want to know or they think you need some kind of Toyota tool to take out the plugs (is this worth getting done when it's serviced instead?), not being in the know about these things I'd hate to mess it up.

I was also looking at the induction kits and a decent exhaust system. Can anyone recommend an easy to fit induction kit or a decent exhaust?

Thanks for the offer of help I think I will see how i get on first :D

The first thing I want to do is change the plugs for Denso IK20's, I've been down the local garages but they just don't want to know or they think you need some kind of Toyota tool to take out the plugs (is this worth getting done when it's serviced instead?), not being in the know about these things I'd hate to mess it up.

No special tool is needed to change the plugs on an IS200. A standard socket set includes practically all you need.

No special tool is needed to change the plugs on an IS200. A standard socket set includes practically all you need.

Very easy to do, shouldnt have any problems doing this. Its a five minute job. Removing the air box is the longest bit!

the dealer was talking out of his/her arse, you can get them easily you just have to pay for them and they are quite expensive.

Haynes etc DO NOT produce a manual and dont think they ever will.

use the search as this has been covered many many times and all info inc part numbers etc for the manuals are there