Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Sat Nav

bledd1

Hi Steve,

I thought that would be the case, just wondered if the plugs on the jap unit would fit the UK drive unit.

I have nav by other means so not a biggie :)

Yes, simply changed the CD drive unit from a written off IS200, all plugs are the same, very quick job even the jap remote has colour coded buttons so no need to learn Japanese.

Have tried eBay no go for disk, will have to go to Lexus.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Am..

My mate did the same thing a long time ago.

Sinmple purchase a UK sat nav disk drive, plug in and hey presto....

.... He sourced his on e bay fairly cheap think's its off a toyota, can find out for sure if required.

Hi Steve can you find out where your mate got this from i tried eBay and couldnt find it.

Cheers

Try this thread ........ explains in more detail

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=22458&hl=

Thanks SCarFace, Had a read through that link and wasnt that helpful. Havent picked up my car yet so i dont now if it has a dvd drive or cd drive. Is the satnav drive the one in the dash or is it located elsewhere in the car? Couldnt find any drives on eBay

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, assuming it is the CD version then the sat nav drive is the one in the boot under the carpet, RHS as looking from the back of the car. It is simple to change I think 3 screws and some plugs.

Found the unit in the boot, its a cd unit. would i be best off getting the european unit from Toyota or Lexus?