Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007 Lexus Is

The 2007 model year version of the IS goes into production in August, according to US Lexus websites. I wonder what will change on the car or whether new colours will be offered for UK bound versions. If anyone knows, do share the info...

Thanks.

I never though luxury marques facelifted like this - it's normally at 2.5 years, then 5 years, and then a new version comes out. It's done like this so the values on the 2nd hand market don't take too much of a hit....poor us!!

Any changes within one year (or every year) are left to the likes of Ford, Vauxhall and other mainstreamers...where volume sales are important...

The yanks run a slightly different system to the rest of us sane people in the western world

the car may not change at all, but the car has a year mark with it. Or there may be some slight

additions like; currently the US model doesnt have Bluetooth as standard with the MM its an option

that may become a standard etc...

Example : We have the VX Astra you dont get a 99 or a 2007 Astra you get a B G or H with no year mark attached the yanks use the year as a marker for the model. eg 68 Impala or 74 Mustang

Lexus may try to homologate the cars across the world to reduce build costs and do it year on year to

create the perception of added value on each new year model.

Infinity................

I never though luxury marques facelifted like this - it's normally at 2.5 years, then 5 years, and then a new version comes out. It's done like this so the values on the 2nd hand market don't take too much of a hit....poor us!!

Any changes within one year (or every year) are left to the likes of Ford, Vauxhall and other mainstreamers...where volume sales are important...

Don't forget BMW face lift every 6 months! :winky:

It's not uncommon for Lexus to have yearly updates. They are minor changes like a new exterior colour option.

It's also more common on new models as things are improved. The SC430 had suspension changes in the 1st and 2nd year of production in an attempt to improve ride quality.

It's not uncommon for Lexus to have yearly updates. They are minor changes like a new exterior colour option.

It's also more common on new models as things are improved. The SC430 had suspension changes in the 1st and 2nd year of production in an attempt to improve ride quality.

I understand the 2007 model will be rattle free as standard, as opposed to being a factory option :tomato:

I understand the 2007 model will be rattle free as standard, as opposed to being a factory option :tomato:

:D :D :D

I was LED to believe that each year a minor change is introduced to differentiate model years. This might be as a result of the American market.

The 2007 model year version of the IS goes into production in August, according to US Lexus websites. I wonder what will change on the car or whether new colours will be offered for UK bound versions. If anyone knows, do share the info...

Thanks.

On US sites the biggest news is IS250 VSC DEFEAT switch and IS350 VDIM DEFEAT switch on the dash for 2007 models.

They must push theirs cars very hard on corners because mines 6 months old and never had VSC come on and i love pushing around corners in my IS250 sport my old IS300 use to come on all the time compared to the new IS250 might keep the jorno's happy, :D :D :D :D

Don't forget BMW face lift every 6 months! :winky:

Yeah, that's because they're still desperately trying to find a design that doesn't make people physically sick... :P

Hi, I have just ordered a Lexus IS250 with MM, Auto, and Active Cruise Control wtih Hoshi alloys :D Went to order it in Astal black and was told this colour is no longer available and that the "New Black" is velvet black. also told it would be a sixteen week wait :crybaby: so counting the days down...

Hi, I have just ordered a Lexus IS250 with MM, Auto, and Active Cruise Control wtih Hoshi alloys :D Went to order it in Astal black and was told this colour is no longer available and that the "New Black" is velvet black. also told it would be a sixteen week wait :crybaby: so counting the days down...

Is that by any chance a metallic black? I certainly hope so as its about time Lexus offered black as a metallic colour

Is that by any chance a metallic black? I certainly hope so as its about time Lexus offered black as a metallic colour

I will be interested to see if remains at 'just' 16 weeks. my SE with MM and sunroof ordered early June when was told to expect early October (so approx 18 weeks) in recent update told showing as late October/November so up to 21+ weeks!!

Yesterday - there were 3 pages of 250 SE, auto with MM...all on the LGB web site...all run in nicely (cough!) and at a price you can start to haggle from...

How many blue SE Autos with MM & Sussex interior :question: ....ONE

and that dos'nt have a sun roof !

The combinations are endless i recon about 3300 different possible combinations :blink:

11 models 220 & 250

10 colour variations

6 different equipment options

and at least 5 interior colours

Infinity................

I have a sunroof on both my cars - both with Air Con/Climate control. It is, I believe, pointless. You can't use both - if I want the outside in, I'll open the windows - the sunroof allows you to get burnt by the sun without any air flow benefit. No wonder Lexus call it a moonroof...much nicer at night - then all the flies can get in.

Brian :)

• 1 month later...

At least if you get the 2007 spec the rattle issue should have been sorted . Lexus have some 'new' cars around still with the old switch gear ie still 2006 spec although they claimed that after May the rattle issue was sorted I am not sure about that!

Alan