Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae

Bulldog

Well i went down to the JAE yesterday and had a great day right up untill the heavens opened and the wind blew everything away LOL.

Had a cracking day and got some great ideas.

I met AD77 he told me the sad story of his broken Lexus :crybaby: .

Also spoke to Dave from Prolex and met and had a nosey at Marcus's Turboed IS very nice (just a shame some tit deceided to put his window through)

Also had a good chat with ???? sorry m8 LOL it was a long day and i forgot your name but ur Red Is 300 was the dogs i wait eagerly to see ur upcoming turbo mods :P and the Bin bag you were wearing was quality :D

looked at all the other cars from the LOC and was very impressed :D mats motor is a feckin monster LOL B) shame i missed him drifting it.

Anyways it was a great day and i hope to see you there with my IS next year

Take it easy

Dave aka Bulldog

Glad you had a great time - real envious - I have been away working everytime it comes around - well the last three years since I had had the car and known about JAE.

I should do some forward planning next year and book days off either side of the weekend - would be real good to meet a lot of you guys and put faces to names.

Many moons ago I used to have a Beetle - no sniggering, youth is a wonderful thing - it just don't last. I used to go to all the shows/events and really enjoyed them.

That's it!! - will make sure I get there next year - gonna be right jealous when you all start commenting on how great it was. Anyway should have all the bits fitted to the car by then!!!

So go on guys - get me jealous - lets hear some more from you.

Cheers

Mark

the Bin bag you were wearing was quality :D

yea that was Paul (Fargo) sporting the fashionable bin bag :lol: i found it pretty funny myself, but was trying to avoid drowning in the downpour at the time :o :lol:

it was a really good day, and nice to meet some other members

just got back from JAE left at 12:15 today . had a great weekend . was nice to see some old and new faces . with our numbers in the club i was expecting to see a few more of us there . this show just gets better each year . :D ive come back with two sets of spanners , two tee shirts , but best of all had three dents pulled out by dentbusters , best money ive spent in a long time .

yep, the binbag wearer was i, well it kept most of me dry at least lol. seems that the LOC stand got blown away in the sudden storm, good job i was at the prolex stand at the time as we all held a corner and took the soaking like a man, did anyone see the guy wearing nothing but a thong running around in the rain....

was good to meet old and new faces, bulldog specially.

Just got back, i had to let my mate drive most of the way because i thought i was gonna be sick from the stupidly bad hangover i had lol.

Really good to see everyone again its hard work trying to put usernames to faces, but im getting to know a few of you now.

The wind was a bitch really caugh everyone by suprise, me my 2 mates jane and barry just sat in our tent having a beer through it as we grabbed the fridge and chucked it in before it got wet.

Whole weekend was brilliant cant wait till next year.

Ill post up some photos in a bit as im off to bed as someone woke me up pretty early this morning with a bottle of water (cheers fat head matt:) )

I made it home bout 30 mins ago, racing up the A1 with a bunch of Honda lads!! Got home to have a Sunday dinner put down infront of me....cheers mam!! :D Hit the Spot.

Well glad you made it home alive Ellz!! Hope everyone else does too. For being my first meet ive had a really good time, glad to have met up with ppl who have gave me a helping hand with things. Cheers to Mat for pointing me in the direction to get the car fixed (more money :blink: ) Nevermind!!

Is there going to be an actual post for all the pics to be posted or what??

Well enjoy the rest of the day all and hope to see you next year or even sooner!!

Chris

:D hope every one enjoyed themselves

was a good weekend, started off on saturday with everyone moaning about how hot it was ......well it certainly changed :o , with a tornado like wind whipping through followed by torrential rain, followed by hailstones,

the state of the pitch looked like a disaster zone, but with the dunkirk spirit we had it up and running again , all but with 2 gazebos down, and a few soaked bodies

as they say JAE isnt JAE without a bit of rain !!!

thanks to all the people who made it a great weekend

special mentions for:

yemgi and gerhard for popping over the channel

elliot for providing entertainment :lol::lol:

mat for being mat !!

congratulations to those members who braved their first visit chris and kirsty, glad you survived :D

and to all those familiar faces who know who they are :D

an extra special mention for our one and only scarface, thanks for taking all the BBQ utensils, and not saying goodbye , but dont worry the defunct gazebo ground pegs became utensils so that we didnt go hungry , and im sure the burns will heal soon !!

an extra special mention for our one and only scarface, thanks for taking all the BBQ utensils, and not saying goodbye , but dont worry the defunct gazebo ground pegs became utensils so that we didnt go hungry , and im sure the burns will heal soon !!

Well done Barrie. I was surprised at your bravery and commitment to cooking for everybody whilst burning your fingers with a tent peg. The burgers still tasted great :D

i wondered why you where using the pegs bazza,, should have known you were let down by a copper......

special mention has to go to raz some of his crew trying to put up a tent,, took 5 of em and one point.. was amusing specially as the lone ranger next to him (sorry didnt catch your name) from somewhere foriegn put his old school tent (with metal poles) up byhimself in 5 minutes..

special mention has to go to raz some of his crew trying to put up a tent,, took 5 of em and one point.. was amusing specially as the lone ranger next to him (sorry didnt catch your name) from somewhere foriegn put his old school tent (with metal poles) up byhimself in 5 minutes..

Yeah mate, that was my disposable tent from Argos we were trying to put up..hats off to it, it kept me dry! :lol:

was amusing specially as the lone ranger next to him (sorry didnt catch your name) from somewhere foriegn put his old school tent (with metal poles) up byhimself in 5 minutes..

That was me mate....Chris......I think i managed my tent and a gazeebo by the time he put that tent up......not blowing my own trumpet there mind you :winky: :lol: Cheers for keeping the instructions safe under that huge brolly you found!! :D

Oh yeah cheers Jane for twisting my arm even more bout the Supercharger, even tho i showed my mam a pic of Barry's and she said.......NO :angry: We'll soon see :hehe:

Oh yeah cheers Jane for twisting my arm even more bout the Supercharger, even tho i showed my mam a pic of Barry's and she said.......NO :angry: We'll soon see :hehe:

:lol: No problem Chris, always glad to twist an arm or two :winky:

Just convince her that its an essential peice of safety equipment that your car desperately needs and without it your engine may fail :lol:

i could only make saturday, but wouldnt have missed it, even with the rain and the wind, thought i was gonna fly away with the gazeebo at one point. :D

it was good to see the usual crowd and some new ones too, chris and kirsty, first ever meet too, glad you both enjoyed it.

will get some pics up soon.

see you all somewhere soon :winky:

nope wasnt you chris,, was the last tent in the row, a bloke from the netherlands i think,,

Ah right, that tent went up and came back down as soon as the wind hit it :blush:

Im sure i'll get her to agree to it....she always does :D :D

Got home about ½ an hour ago (stopped for grub at one services and a nap at another). Was watching everyone wearing bin bags as I darted out of one of the GS's (the one with the TVs in the headrests) to grab a box of cans from the boot of mine!

:D hope every one enjoyed themselves

Scarface did a grand job whilst he was there, and yourself also Bazza .... :) I think you should create a new marketing idea for those new bbq tools...You can make a fortune... If you straightened 2 and used them together, they would have made a good set of chopsticks...

It was great to see the familuar faces again and also meet a few new faces in the short time I was there..

We still felt very welcome although we came from the BMW owners club ;) and had a great time.

I missed last years JAE, but will sure do next years one, But next time round do the whole 3 days...I might even run your entire bbq for ya... ;) since I'm good with the chopshticks.

There were some nice cars there, I did like Yemgi's I think it was the colour that did it...But great effort for all those who showed up and to see all the hard work and effort that still goes into making a great car even greater...

hey Elliot, would loved to have seen it when you got in my car by mistake on saturday night, :lol::lol:

Yep say sorry to your missus i think she might have been asleep i cant really remember lol, when i jumped in i was thinking why the hell is someone in my car LOLOLOL think it was becasue when i was shrink raping matts car a got a little dizzy and didnt know which way was what. :D or the beer might have had something to do with it heheheh

Thanks peeps for making me welcome first show with the Lexus. (gs300 Sport)

Had a good day my daughter took something like 250 photos not many Lexus's though!!!!!!

Nice to meet you Maneesh, Chris & Grilfriend and All the rest :D

After today watch this space for mod's.

Regards Craig

:)