Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Starts.......

In need of some advice.......

Noticed yesterday it was running a little worse than usual, then this morning I come to start the car and it cuts out straight away. Within one second its off, anybody got any advice/help, ideas? Im miffed?

Ive tried disconnecgting the Battery for 10 mins and no joy....

Friggin car! :duh:

Hermmm no idea how id check that to be honest mate. It started a minute ago and was on idling, then as soon as i put my foot on the throttle, it cut out :blink:

Sounds likes it going to be ££££££ whatever it is!!

You know the black throttle cable that goes from the throttle body, to the top of the s/c. Check it is in one piece, and that the valve opens and the spring closes it again.

that wont back any difference, the car will start and idle and drive fine with the valve closed, though it will make a lot of noise and may well pop a pipe off.

You know the black throttle cable that goes from the throttle body, to the top of the s/c. Check it is in one piece, and that the valve opens and the spring closes it again.

that wont back any difference, the car will start and idle and drive fine with the valve closed, though it will make a lot of noise and may well pop a pipe off.

The problem I had was the valve stayed open and it kept cutting out.

I thought about the piggy back ecu, luckily i have a brand new one. I'll have a go at changing it see if that cures it. Im proper wounded....my Lexus has failed me! :crybaby:

The problem I had was the valve stayed open and it kept cutting out.

that shouldnt make any difference either it just means that the supercharger is in bypass all the time so you will get virtually no boost pressure. If the cable is somehow trapped and puts a load on the throttle servo then that "may" cause a prob, i had quite a bit of experience on the valve closed/open engine running scenario whilst modifying my supercharger and at no point did that cause the engine to cut out.

the black ECU however is known and has been proven to be unreliable so that woild be the first thing i would check, however it does no harm to check the operation of the bypass valve.

I think Galla4 (Owen) was having exactly the same problem as you today at JAE... He had to put it on the back of the truck on tow... may be worth swapping notes though...

All sorted now thanks peeps. I removed the old piggy back ECU, soldered up the spare brand new'en, now shes running better than before!

Im still not sure what to do though......sell up or continue spending s***t loads of cash on her :blush:

All sorted now thanks peeps. I removed the old piggy back ECU, soldered up the spare brand new'en, now shes running better than before!

Im still not sure what to do though......sell up or continue spending s***t loads of cash on her :blush:

Glad you've sorted it mate :D

With regards selling up or spending more.. make sure you know 100% what you want to do before you do it. You dont want to regret it afterwards when its too late :winky:

I say keep on spending.....then spend some more :P

Glad you've sorted it mate :D

With regards selling up or spending more.. make sure you know 100% what you want to do before you do it. You dont want to regret it afterwards when its too late :winky:

I say keep on spending.....then spend some more :P

Cheers dude, I was so wounded when it played up this morning, wnated to go to the show and couldnt! I do think that regardless of when or if I sell up, i'll miss the IS. Possibly the only car I like every angel of!

But, I was in my mates Scubby last night and the extra power would be great! Looked at the SC430 as theres not many about.....and the engines are bullet proof.

Theres so much more id like to do my car and thats what gets me thinking twice.....just a friggin money pit!

Oi Oi, winner, glad she's sorted!

Keep it like it is, you'll regrest it otherwise, Scooby's are ok, but you'll feel like you came from the local council estate!! No offence to anyone with a Scooby but they're a different class!