Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Buying A Gs300 Se Navigator

As above realy guys, am thinking of buying a 1998 GS 300 SE with Sat Nav

Would appriciate some help.

1, How oftern does the cambelt need changing?

2, Would the headlights be Xeons (the add dosent state so)?

3, How easy is it to update the Nav? (I guess it uses a CD?)

4, I have included a link for the dealer below, they are asking 8k, is this a little ok or a little high? Car has done 90k btw?

Clicky here

Thanks for your help

Paul

On that car, cambelt is every 60k as are plugs.

No Xenons on that spec. Xenons were only on Sport models in 1999 or in 2001+ all models.

Not sure about nav.

I reckon car is worth 6 to 6.5k assuming it's in mint condition. :lol:

Looks like it's done a fair few miles, as they've "accidently" left out the figure ;)

Its done 90k dude

Thanks Maneesh,

On that car, cambelt is every 60k as are plugs.

Wouldnt have to worry about the belt for a year or so then

No Xenons on that spec. Xenons were only on Sport models in 1999 or in 2001+ all models.

Could add Xenons myself anyway

I reckon car is worth 6 to 6.5k assuming it's in mint condition. :lol:

Realy that much cheaper, I was thinking maybe 7k?

Paul

GS models drop faster than the IS (as it's much bigger and less sporty), and faster than the LS (GS300 has no V8 and a lot less toys).

Hence, they are a bit of a bargain for anyone buying...even 7 might be too much these days..especially with petrol at 1quid a litre..they r juicy...

GS models drop faster than the IS (as it's much bigger and less sporty), and faster than the LS (GS300 has no V8 and a lot less toys).

Hence, they are a bit of a bargain for anyone buying...even 7 might be too much these days..especially with petrol at 1quid a litre..they r juicy...

Fair enough,

Is there a maximum mileage that wou would reccomend for buying a second hand one, asumeing it had all its history.

BTW did your tent stay up last nite?

Paul

Fair enough,

Is there a maximum mileage that wou would reccomend for buying a second hand one, asumeing it had all its history.

BTW did your tent stay up last nite?

Paul

no maximum mileage..as they are rock solid cars, suspension can be expensive to maintain with higher mileage..it all depends on actual car.

i think rodders had his 98 up for sale with 177k..nice motor..i think he was letting it go cheap...

yeah tent stayed up mate!

about time you moved up the ladder.... :P

don't listen to maneesh, he jealous you might beat him on autobahn...trying to put you off gs300 :P :winky:

aren't you going for the v300?

many member's of gs's can tell you more about the car....mr collin barber for 1 (knowledge base master).... ;)

either way good choice on the model mate... :winky: