Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

chrisis200

Hi guys just checking if you need to tell your insurance company if you have a aftermarket exhaust on the car...

You are not obliged to tell them anything unless they ask....

But they are not obliged to pay (in the event of a claim), unless you have told them everthing....

Get the picture?

Hi guys just checking if you need to tell your insurance company if you have a aftermarket exhaust on the car...

You are not obliged to tell them anything unless they ask....

But they are not obliged to may (in the event of a claim), unless you have told them everthing....

Get the picture?

I see better to be safe than sorry.

Do let us know how much it affected your premium... if at all :o

(and with what exhaust as it were, and how much bhp gain you quoted to them...)

Cheers.

ANY modification that is not the manufacturers standard spec should be declared to you insurance company.

(Even changing the alloys for non Lexus types etc). Their argument will be that they would rate the risk differently if the vehicle is deemed to be more 'attractive' to a thief due to the aesthetic change in appearance !!

You have been warned...

The Ed

ANY modification that is not the manufacturers standard spec should be declared to you insurance company.

(Even changing the alloys for non Lexus types etc). Their argument will be that they would rate the risk differently if the vehicle is deemed to be more 'attractive' to a thief due to the aesthetic change in appearance !!

You have been warned...

The Ed

What if you put larger Lexus wheels on? Where does the manufacturers std spec stop?

A friend bought a 200 Sport with 18's, TTE bumpers etc brand new from Lexus Cardiff - what does he have to declare?

I'd declare absolutely everything just in case. They may not be interested and not charge any extra premium but its safer to tell them than find out when a claims assessor checks your car after an accident.

Depending on who you are insured with it will make little difference to the premium.

Worst case scenario can be that if you crash into another car at it is your fault, and your insurers find out that your car had modifications. They can through the courts look to recover their total outlay for the claim, i.e. the costs of the repairs to the other persons car + any personal injury claim that may have been made by the people in the other car

If you find that your insurers are not mod friendly, then call me on the number below and I will see if we can help you out

I'd declare absolutely everything just in case. They may not be interested and not charge any extra premium but its safer to tell them than find out when a claims assessor checks your car after an accident.

Will check what he declared and let you know.

What if you put larger Lexus wheels on? Where does the manufacturers std spec stop?

A friend bought a 200 Sport with 18's, TTE bumpers etc brand new from Lexus Cardiff - what does he have to declare?

If they were optional extras which were put on the car from new, then it is unlikely that he would need to disclose them

If you find that your insurers are not mod friendly, then call me on the number below and I will see if we can help you out

Do you know if Norwich Union are mod friendly? I heard they don't accept cars with tinted windows.. :unsure:

If they were optional extras which were put on the car from new, then it is unlikely that he would need to disclose them

They were all options fitted at purchase.

If questioned about them would he have to produce proof.

The inside cover of the service book usually lists the options doesn't it? (Sorry can't check mine because I'm not at home).

:offtopic: Slightly off topic I know but what's happened to the quote boxes? :offtopic:

Do you know if Norwich Union are mod friendly? I heard they don't accept cars with tinted windows.. :unsure:

If it is NU through a broker then would certainly would insure a modified car, if it is NU Direct, then I'm afraid i am not sure on there underwriting criteria (but they probably will)

If you are through a broker and are over 25 I would be surprised if NU are the most competitive for you (not really their target market) perhaps you should give me a call

Depends who he is insured with, but with 99% of insurers he would not need to diclose any of it as they would be classed as dealer/manufacturer optional extras.

Being bodykit though if it were me I would double check.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links