Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

She's Here ! Aka My Wife Has Been A Very Naughty Girl:-)

My naughty naughty wife has been seeing another man over the last month...yes thats right....another man ! He works for lexus, and is the salesman who has been lying to me about the delivery date of our new baby.

I wake up on Saturday morning to be told by wifey that we are going to some surprise party for a friend in Surrey, and she has booked us in hotel for 2 nights etc etc.

On route, she says "oh we just need to drop in to the dealership to " sign some pre-registration documents " in prep for the car's arrival in mid August. After the usual free coffee and buns, I walk outside, to find our old car absent from the parking space where I left it, and it has been replaced with ....... yep.........u got it.........SHE IS HERE !

Several weeks of secret liaisons beetween the bu***rs has resulted in us collecting her there and then, and enjoying our 600 mile weekend trip in our lovely new St Lucia pearl. :D :D :D

When I finally come back down to earth, I will post something a little more constructive about about my initial impressions, but the general flavour will be

" rattle free and rather nice....." :winky:

Congratulations - before anyone else says it - we need photo's :winky:

Believe it or not...I STILL havent figured out how to put piccies on this site....only one done so far is linked to some free hosting site for a piccie of my other toy. Wifey and I are just going out to wash her now, as 600 miles over the weekend including torrential filthy thuderstorm on birmingham M6 ( YUK ) has taken its toll. Please tell me SIMPLY how to post bloomin pictures on the posting. :)

Ayup buddy - well done...I bet you're blooming chuffed!! Is it all you hoped for?

Open 2 Explorer windows - one with this topic, and you editing or adding a reply, and the other onto Imageshack!!

Right - after sticking some pictures onto your PC (ideally VGA or lowest megapixallage), so you go to Imageshack

Leave bullet marker for "upload" as it is

Browse your PC for that wonderful shot of the car :blush:

Hit "Host It"

On the next page you get some options - and they've changed since I last used it -

Click your cursor into "Hotlinks for Forums (1)", right click copy, and just paste it into the forum notes -

hey presto - simplest way to upload pictures. You can repeat the steps for more shots, one after another!!

I've only ever seen one St Lucia Pearl on the road - it is a rare colour, but striking and something very sophisticated about it. It's rare, and that should mean that your car will always look totally unique!!

I'm happy for you fella...

Ayup buddy - well done...I bet you're blooming chuffed!! Is it all you hoped for?

Open 2 Explorer windows - one with this topic, and you editing or adding a reply, and the other onto Imageshack!!

Right - after sticking some pictures onto your PC (ideally VGA or lowest megapixallage), so you go to Imageshack

Leave bullet marker for "upload" as it is

Browse your PC for that wonderful shot of the car :blush:

Hit "Host It"

On the next page you get some options - and they've changed since I last used it -

Click your cursor into "Hotlinks for Forums (1)", right click copy, and just paste it into the forum notes -

hey presto - simplest way to upload pictures. You can repeat the steps for more shots, one after another!!

I've only ever seen one St Lucia Pearl on the road - it is a rare colour, but striking and something very sophisticated about it. It's rare, and that should mean that your car will always look totally unique!!

I'm happy for you fella...

Hi M8y....thought you would spot the post soon enuff :winky:

Yes I am well chuffed, but still on a big learning curve with all those buttons :o

I think the next few weeks / months will see me sitting at the controls and reading all the manuals, together with posting loads of Qs on here. Thanks for the info on posting piccies....I will have a go as soon as we get back ( wifey wants to go shopping, and we ave to return to the dealer this afternoon for the freebies...whatever

Thanks for all the comments guys :hehe:

Wifey got a superb bouquet of flowers from the dealership this afternoon, but I got diddly squat :excl:

having washed it this morning after weekend trip ( mainly dead bugs and the like ) our trip today ( 140ml ) means more meat to clean off agin tomorrow....not sure how long this love and attention will last :whistling:

Anyhow....heres a few more piccies, the pearlescent effect is really only evident "in the flesh", but I have included a close up which I think shows it to quite good effect. This is definately NOT just a white car :D

Also, I have attached one of my other money pit....I had to as it was quite visibly crying with jealousy and feeling neglected today...so this is just to say " I still love you too Hawkey " :blush:

Do you think I should post the IS pics in the section dedicated to pictures as well? - dont want to get flamed for cross posting or whatever the breach of protocol may be :question:

int1gi6.th.jpg

pearl1mn8.th.jpg

rear1xz7.th.jpg

rearpearlhz5.th.jpg

hawkeyqp0.th.jpg

First time ive noticed a V6 badge on the O/S rear is that usual, and is the GB badge your addition?

Nice Colour

Infinity.....V6 badge was a souvenir "left over" from my P/ex :-)

GB badge was also my addition

First time ive noticed a V6 badge on the O/S rear is that usual, and is the GB badge your addition?

Nice Colour

Infinity.....

Congratulations mate. I bet you feel like a kid at christmas time :D

Lovely looking car too :winky:

Thanks :-) Yep....although I am also a bit scared of it too....leaving it in car -parks etc :o

GB badge was also my addition Thanks :-)

The "Mods" have started early.... :lol::lol: And there I was thinking your wife had imported the face Lifted version for you...

:winky: Tip - next picture - try using the "Link For Forum (2)" - it might post a bigger picture (I can never remember which one gives a bigger shot) - then we can all google at the fantastic colour some more... :blink:

Looks great matey - bet you 'ain't stopped smilin' yet!

And how good is that auto box?

Looks very nice indeed, and I don't even like white, not sure what makes it work :D

:winky: Tip - next picture - try using the "Link For Forum (2)" - it might post a bigger picture (I can never remember which one gives a bigger shot) - then we can all google at the fantastic colour some more... :blink:

Just click on each one and they're as big as you want them to be..... :winky:

GB badge was also my addition Thanks :-)

The "Mods" have started early.... :lol::lol: And there I was thinking your wife had imported the face Lifted version for you...

Looks great matey - bet you 'ain't stopped smilin' yet!

And how good is that auto box?

VERY good :D sorry :winky:

seriously though....i have driven auto boxes for around 25 years and this is the smoothest one yet - and 6 cogs as well !! I have played a little with the "clarkson flappy paddles" but I doubt i will be switching from normal "D" setting much. Average fuel consumption over the 800 miles so far is 33.6mpg, which considering the mix ( approx 75%Mway 35% A/B roads) is Impressive - especially as I am not known for my light right foot :winky: I touched 120mph briefly yesterday, and over weekend was regularly at 90

sorry officer...I just didnt realize, cos its sooooo quiet.

This nanny MM system is a bit frustrating, and the sat nav - although good at actually directing, just doesnt seem any bloomin use at all for things like finding restaurants etc? IE we are parked in a huge retail park at Chester yesterday afternoon, surrounded by KFC, Mc, Pizza hut, and BK. Speak to girly " nearest fast food"

she replies " no fast food restauarants in vicinity" WHAT??? I am lookin at the golden arches as she speaks !! Software version of data disk says 2006. and this place has been here ages !

Anyone know the link to the old threads about "hidden commands", and all the other controls that people have found. I am finding it somewhat mind-numbing trying to get my head around all the buttons and knobs :hehe:

i thought that white might be a nice colour ;)

im convinced it is now :D

very nice, what colour is the interior ?

[/quote

It is not actually pure white bazza....more a sort of pearly / creamy / pinky / bluey / greeny / sort of colour :winky: ....sounds a bit girly I know, but actually works really well, you can really see the subtle shade changes in different lighting conditions. But boy, do the bugs show up :excl:

PS the interior is sussex grey leather, with top half of dash in black ( I think all the range have this sort of two colour interior - "black + chosen colour" )