Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Less than a week old and I've used the sunroof for the second time. I press the button on the door handle to shut everything automatically and the sunroof stops half way and refuses to close automatically. After piddling about with the buttons I manage to get it into the shut position - the buttons now do pretty much their own thing just like the oldest sort of electric sunroof - no one-touch feature.

So I gives them a call and whips in - only a 40 minute drive mind you (which as you can imagine is terrible in one of these things :winky: ). The engineer pops out, says "We've had a few do this - must be the heat" and promptly gets it working in about 30 seconds. :duh:

The fix. Press and hold the Close button and keep holding it until it goes through a full cycle - then it all works lovely and one-touch is back. Apparently a similar thing works for the windows if they ever lose the plot. :P

Now I'm sure mine will be the only one to do that but the info is there if you need it. Shame I can't work out how to do any more of the tricky fixes like make it lock the doors automatically or use the phone keypad while moving (for the odd time the other end asks you to press "star" or whatever).

Interesting to see that the reset procedure is the same as that on Mercs.......

The windows on our old Merc used to do whatever they wanted too - but sadly no amount of resetting (or even replacing window regulators) ever fixed it

Glad its sorted and hope the problems don't return :)

Less than a week old and I've used the sunroof for the second time. I press the button on the door handle to shut everything automatically and the sunroof stops half way and refuses to close automatically. After piddling about with the buttons I manage to get it into the shut position - the buttons now do pretty much their own thing just like the oldest sort of electric sunroof - no one-touch feature.

So I gives them a call and whips in - only a 40 minute drive mind you (which as you can imagine is terrible in one of these things :winky: ). The engineer pops out, says "We've had a few do this - must be the heat" and promptly gets it working in about 30 seconds. :duh:

The fix. Press and hold the Close button and keep holding it until it goes through a full cycle - then it all works lovely and one-touch is back. Apparently a similar thing works for the windows if they ever lose the plot. :P

Now I'm sure mine will be the only one to do that but the info is there if you need it. Shame I can't work out how to do any more of the tricky fixes like make it lock the doors automatically or use the phone keypad while moving (for the odd time the other end asks you to press "star" or whatever).

it is rather that the dealer did not do it during initial PDI... basically, for safety reasons sun roof needs to know where it ends. It resets itself every time Battery is out for a longer time, same as your auto up windows.

so there was really nothing wrong with it - they simply did not set it before delivering the car... if it was sun's fault, it would have to be because it got too hot for the mechanic to remeber what to do :-).

it is rather that the dealer did not do it during initial PDI... basically, for safety reasons sun roof needs to know where it ends. It resets itself every time battery is out for a longer time, same as your auto up windows.

so there was really nothing wrong with it - they simply did not set it before delivering the car... if it was sun's fault, it would have to be because it got too hot for the mechanic to remeber what to do :-).

No it worked perfectly the time before and the buttons were derfinitely one touch - I remember thinking that was so much easier and quicker than the older way.

I'll keep my eye on it, but the poor little thing is sat in a car park at Heathrow while I'm working out in JoBurg - mind you I managed to put 1500 miles on it in just over a week - comfy!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links