Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch

Adie

I currently have an uprated Helix organic clutch fitted to the car. Whilst this is an excellent clutch with an OEM feel to it, I am looking to uprate my clutch further.. This is so it will be able to handle more power and also the racelogic launch control..

I still want to be able to drive the car pleasurably and also have no problems with just cruising around town etc.. So dont want anything thats too harsh.

Any recommendations :question:

I originall y got the Helix paddle clutch before the same cluth you have now.

The paddle clutch had much more bite to it, but very troublesome in traffic conditions, felt I had to purge up the revs quite a bit or it will feel like judder... I did'nt like it at all, best advise to stick with the helix one you have now... It also works well with the prolex lightweight fly wheel.

I originall y got the Helix paddle clutch before the same cluth you have now.

The paddle clutch had much more bite to it, but very troublesome in traffic conditions, felt I had to purge up the revs quite a bit or it will feel like judder... I did'nt like it at all, best advise to stick with the helix one you have now... It also works well with the prolex lightweight fly wheel.

Cermetalic is probably what you want. TRD do those, but then there are a whole host of others too. IIRC the Clutch disc on the Altezza and IS200 are the same?

I liked the paddle-clutch very much.

The right thing to handle the turbo-power. B)

A bit more difficult to drive, but time after time you'll check it out.

@Dave

If the paddle-clutch gets weak once a time,

is it possible to exchange the clutch disc for the paddle-clutch model? :unsure:

The organic one definately wont last too long with the extra power and the lovely little green button. So whilst its all apart it'll be changed..

Anybody else have any opinions on uprated clutches :question:

:offtopic: My Helix organic clutch will soon be up for sale. Has only covered a couple thousand miles and is in excellent condition. Will have a better look when its off. PM if interested :D

I have the TRD Organic clutch. I would say its good for upto 350hp, and its very easy to drive.

Got a friend with the Cermetalic sort and he says its a bitch to drive so much so he's getting rid! It might work for your setup if your sticking to the stock trans, you could pick up a bargain if i ask him

Here's some you could consider,

Exedy

ATS Carbon

TRD Cermetalic

ORC Carbon

OS Giken

Knights Sports

TODA Power

Cusco

Juran

Those are some of companys who make clutch discs for the Altezza. IIRC the flywheel on the IS200 to Altezza isn't compatiable?