Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaky Is250

Does anyone else have this problem where the car is very creaky? My seat creaks and there seems to be a lot of creaks from the roof of the car also, especially in hot conditions. The roof side of things seems to come from the sunroof.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a creaky car from there new IS250. Gonna phone them about it 2moz though!!

Ivan

There were quite a few threads about this when the car first came out, think the dealers know about it but basically they have to dismantle the dash and stuff and put in extra padding if memory serves me right?

My car having been in for the dash rattles some 6 weeks ago is exhibiting symptoms of creaking from what seems like the passenger SEAT/door/dash. This has only recently started to appear during our fine hot weather and it's starting to get on my nerves. I've got the seat belt recall to book in, so will get them to look at it for the umpteenth time.

Ivan.

I had a squeaky seat. They tried to fix it twice and still squeaked. So I told them to replace it and they did. New seat, no squeaks.

There have been a few other threads here where people have had the same issue and I think at least a couple haev had the seats replaced.

I too have a rattle in the dash (centre speaker area). Update yesterday from the dealer was after two days working on it they now know what it is but can't get to it (I think from taking the centre Sat Nav system, etc out) so they are going to take out the dash or some part of it to get to the rattle.

More on that issue tomorrow, maybe.

Unfortunately it won't be 3 strikes and it's out and a new car!

Yes the squeaky seat issue can be very distracting. After 2 attempts the dealer got them sorted out. Apparently, they simply tightened the seat anchor bolts. Seems hard to believe, but my car is now silent again! :D

Well, put the car into the dealer to fix the creaking front seat. Supposedly it was something to do with the ICE pack I have in the back...either way the creaking has gone after removing the seat and fixing something!

However......why is there always a but???? the bloody memory seats dont work since the seat was removed. Im not to happy with this. But what can I do apart from take it in again. So on the phone tomorrow me thinks. Bit disappointed with the courtesy car, gave me IS250 Se-L, no MM, very basic model. Was hoping for an upgrade to what I have. But saying that I have the top of the range IS250 Sport

Think when I book it in again I will ask for a better upgrade, however still annoyed that I have to take it back!!!

Anyone else had issues like this?

remember i have the ICE pack and the better seats, so I was comparing it to my car. And it was no way better.

As I say seats are fixed which is good but the memory function I am annoyed at. I thought lexus Edinburgh would have been better than this!

Ivan

The ICE pack is the DVD players on the back of the head rests. That was supposedly the problem some cable in the seats. The memory function is really bugging me.

Soz mate wont be in tomorrow but I am phoning them first thing to book the car in!!!