Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Depreciation

If I bought a 2003 IS200SE now with about 35k on it, for about 12k, what would it be worth in two years time with another 30k on the clock?

My guess is around 7k trade in, 7.5k private?

I know they hold their value really well but it's probably about now where values are dropping the most because the new model is really starting to take off now, plus ex-demos and low mileage cars are now available in the crucial price point of 17-20k.

What do owners think? I suppose 5k depreciation is about right for two years motoring these days!

If I bought a 2003 IS200SE now with about 35k on it, for about 12k, what would it be worth in two years time with another 30k on the clock?

My guess is around 7k trade in, 7.5k private?

I know they hold their value really well but it's probably about now where values are dropping the most because the new model is really starting to take off now, plus ex-demos and low mileage cars are now available in the crucial price point of 17-20k.

What do owners think? I suppose 5k depreciation is about right for two years motoring these days!

I reckon not far off - I would bank on £6500 trade and max £7500 private - its' a buyers market now, so who knows what it will be like in a couple of years...

Brian.

honestly, the used market is flooded with them, prices are in freefall...

it sucks!

There is one for sale round the corner from me at a Renault (spit) dealers, it's an 02 plate and they wanted 9995, but are now trying 9495 as they've had it for quite a while now. Having said that the car is green with the beige interior so not the most saleable colour scheme (still nice though).

They're a rarer car than a 3-Series, but for some reason 3 residuals are still holding up really well at the moment even on the older shape. I have been comparing an IS200 vs. a 320 (it has to be a straight six not the 4 cyl 318) and the 320 is still dear even for an 02/03 year car. Right now the IS200 looks a better deal used - which I suppose is good news for buyers but not sellers.