Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Improve your Team Lexus

Steve

As usual weekly upgrades of the club website are performed. Nows a chance for you all to come up with some ideas for the club. Mention as many things as you want and I will try my best to fullfill as many requests as possible.

can be small to big ideas! I can more or less do anything! :smug:

ok.. as you would have noticed that i have made it 6 days..

I have noticed that it is based on per category that has been posted to... not per person...

6 days should be ample.. if not why not :P:P:P

hmm.. the todays post feature does not work properly in Nutscrape.... i am not sure if i intend fixing this as I dont like the way Nutscrape hardly works with anything.

Howe ever much i dislike MS, IE seems to work! and most people use IE.

Nutscrap sucks!:P

How about a big flashing sign when someone enters the chat room, and sits there all alone, waiting-waiting-waiting:(:(

[Edited on 26-2-2002 by Wallace]

How about a big flashing sign when someone enters the chat room, and sits there all alone, waiting-waiting-waiting:(:(

good point there.. i did think about that... i intend to have a image pop across the screen when someone enters the chat... still trying to implement this...

good point there.. i did think about that... i intend to have a image pop across the screen when someone enters the chat... still trying to implement this...

Another great idea!!

You can afford ADSL? We must be paying you too much:P

How about a button to direct you to the last comment posted on a forum Steve. Instead of having to wade through all the comments you have probably read before. Its usually the last one entered you want to read.

I've got a Java class somewhere that I found on the web - it allows you to build a GIF without having an observer, ie any display, so you can use it safely from a servlet process. It's also compatible with any JDK and doesn't need any of the Java2D etc libraries because its so simple. I think because it doesn't actually save to a gif file it gets around the Compuware copyright issue? You get the servlet to return content as mime type gif and add an image tag to a web-page with the src attribute set to the gif servlet. Or something like that. (I did a graph servlet based on stock prices for a stand at an Oracle OUG Exhibition once.) I guess if you do it using any other server-side language you can do the same - shove the bits down the http and change the mime type.

Easy way is just big uk and europe maps and plot onto whichever is relevant. I guess you could have regions like the lexus web-site but anything more detailed (eg www.mapquest.com) would be difficult. I guess the thing to do is get the maps as an image and get the servlet to read them in, plot the locations on it and then cache this for sending out as the gif byte stream. We'd need everyone to be precise with their location in the member profile and some way of mapping town name to location on the map image. That would be the difficult bit - perhaps this would need to be semi-manual...unless we can find some nice (free) off-the shelf web-site map tool...

Do we need to be pin-poi t accurate on location? Surely the county would be enough! You've got to consider security, do you want the exact location of your Lexus known to complete stangers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links