Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tyres

banana

Hi all,

I'm new to LOC so hope this is the right place to ask this. I am looking to getting my standard issue wheels refurbed and whilst there on, changing the tyres. Does anyone have experience of the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres? Ive done so much research on the internet and getting so many conflicting views. I am of course after the holy grail tyre i.e. good handling in all conditions & low road noise. Comments on both topics would be appreciated.

Thanks

G

Just ordered a set of the F1s myself. A friend of mine swapped to these from the P-Zeros and speaks highly of them.

Thanks guys.

I had looked at both the Toyos and the P-Zeros aswell as the F1s and all seemed to feature consistantly high in various surveys. Buying tyres is such a nightmare with so many different factors to take into account.

Would you consider the F1s suitable for a typical British winter? I dont want the added expense of changing tyres over every 6 months.

G

I ran a couple of sets of F1s and thought they were very good, especially in the wet.

In snow and ice though, they were just the same as any other "summer" tyre on the IS - completely useless ;)

eagle f1 gsd3s are bloody amazing. had pirelli p zeros (factory spec) 245/40, which were grippy, but had horrible rumble and lots of tyre roar.

swapped over now to f1s and ride is smoother, tyres are much quieter, no rumbling, and they make the car grip like a leech to the bends..in fact so much grip, i have to slow down on roundabouts, otherwise i end up too close to the car in front!!!!

when it comes to snow and ice, i'll leave the car at home if the weather is that bad!

I use a brand alot of people havent even heard of. Vrederstien Ultrac. Used Michellin Pilot Sports before these, every aspect of the Vrederstiens was better. Less road noise, better braking wet/dry, wear etc etc.

I use a brand alot of people havent even heard of. Vrederstien Ultrac. Used Michellin Pilot Sports before these, every aspect of the Vrederstiens was better. Less road noise, better braking wet/dry, wear etc etc.

i used the michelin pilot sports aswel and i think the road noise from them is terrible

• 3 weeks later...