Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Error3

Well im gutted big style,

My stereo has decided to tell me its got a problem!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: Im not a happy bunny!! Ive managed to pull it back from it having the error msg up before and its worked fine. Im sure its after its been parked up with the sun burning throught the windows onto it!! And its the newer version (CD slot on top) thats right aint it??

Well ive done a search thro and it looks like the only way out of the problem is to have it repaired or buy a new one! Gutted!! Im only driving the IS200s, does this have the amp fitted or what?

Also is there any threads on how to remove the headunit??

Cheers Chris

I think the s model is the one without the amp and that you can get a wiring adapter so you can plug any stereo in. You'd need a dashboard slot thingy too. There are threads on all this including how to remove the headunit. You should be able to find what you want if you do a search.

I think the s model is the one without the amp and that you can get a wiring adapter so you can plug any stereo in. You'd need a dashboard slot thingy too. There are threads on all this including how to remove the headunit. You should be able to find what you want if you do a search.

Cheers mate

I managed to find the removal guide last nite after trying to un jam the unit with my hand!! :tsktsk: Didnt work!!!

If you've got an S model then its extremely easy to change :D

Buy a double din adapter off eBay around £15 (autoleads part, might be able to pick one up at Halfords). Use the guide you've found to take out the old unit and fit the new one.

You'll also need to buy the toyota iso connector (PC2-17-4). This can be bought at Halfords and costs around £20 - £30 might be cheaper can't quite remember. Then just plug the ISO into the factory wiring and plug it into your new stereo.

Job done, easy as that, just plug and play. :D

If you've got an S model then its extremely easy to change :D

Buy a double din adapter off ebay around £15 (autoleads part, might be able to pick one up at Halfords). Use the guide you've found to take out the old unit and fit the new one.

You'll also need to buy the toyota iso connector (PC2-17-4). This can be bought at Halfords and costs around £20 - £30 might be cheaper can't quite remember. Then just plug the ISO into the factory wiring and plug it into your new stereo.

Job done, easy as that, just plug and play. :D

Cheers for that, I had the unit out of the car today, managed to get it working again. I know this is only temp as i know that it will mess up again, but ive gotta wait a while to get some money together.....just buying a bloody house!!! :duh: