Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everybody,

A while ago I posted information regarding the advertised up and coming electronic diagnostics feature in the above magazine due in the August issue not only that but this info was then taken to the US forum.

I duly purchased the magzine only to find that the feature was for the Saab 9-3 and not the LS400 as stated the month before.

Although not my fault ( I only went on the information in the July copy) I would like to apologise if you have purchased this mag for this info.

I have e-mailed the editor to inform him of this error but as of yet he has not had the courtesy to reply with their reasons for the change to me personally or to the forum as I requested.

Thank goodness the car is more reliable than the publisher!!

Steve

Steve, I was certainly interested in the article and did look in the local newsagents for it. Oh well, thanks for letting us know, I can stop looking for it and know I will not miss out on anything.

• 1 month later...
Hi Everybody,

A while ago I posted information regarding the advertised up and coming electronic diagnostics feature in the above magazine due in the August issue not only that but this info was then taken to the US forum.

I duly purchased the magzine only to find that the feature was for the Saab 9-3 and not the LS400 as stated the month before.

Although not my fault ( I only went on the information in the July copy) I would like to apologise if you have purchased this mag for this info.

I have e-mailed the editor to inform him of this error but as of yet he has not had the courtesy to reply with their reasons for the change to me personally or to the forum as I requested.

Thank goodness the car is more reliable than the publisher!!

Steve

Hi Everyone,

Just an update on the LS400 diagnostics article.

There is in the September issue an apology for the omission of the article,

apparently the car they were going to use was not available when it was needed ( should have contacted LOC I'm sure one of us would have helped out and got our car in print!)

Anyway they are still going to publish it in the future so I will update when I know the issue it will ( hopefully) appear in.

I did read something interesting in it this month regarding crossing your hands accross the steering wheel ( like most of us do!) but consider this.

If you were in the crossed hands position and hit something whilst cornering and the airbag activated, your fist would hit you in the face powered by the airbag! Hmmm as I say interesting.

Hope everyone had a good Bank Hol,

Cheers,

Steve

Just like when you put your thumbs through and round the rim.

When you hit a kerb the wheel can be forced to turn and snap your thumb. Ouch!

Don't grip the wheel so hard!! The steering is so light, I tend to drive -almost- with two fingers! Or just with palm around the edge of the wheel.. Then you can grip....or extend the fingers to indicate, etc.

Now; how many people drive Autos with TWO FEET? Safer to brake with left foot, as it saves the split second it takes to shift from accelerator to brake pedal.

Got that from Setright, and once you get acclimatised, you're MUCH more in control of the car.

<quote>

Now; how many people drive Autos with TWO FEET? Safer to brake with left foot, as it saves the split second it takes to shift from accelerator to brake pedal.

Got that from Setright, and once you get acclimatised, you're MUCH more in control of the car.</quote>

OHHHH Nooooooo, I sometimes drive cars with a clutch, if I hit my LS brake like I hit a clutch pedal we'd ALL be through the screen!!!

Got that from Setright, and once you get acclimatised, you're MUCH more in control of the car.

That's how I used to drive autos mate, left foot on the brake and right on the accelerator.

This was about five years ago and my boss never realised until he sat in the back once and saw what I was doing, then he told me to just use my right foot and I have done ever since in an auto!

Might try it again one day now I'm in an auto all the time!

That's how I used to drive autos mate, left foot on the brake and right on the accelerator.

This was about five years ago and my boss never realised until he sat in the back once and saw what I was doing, then he told me to just use my right foot and I have done ever since in an auto!

Might try it again one day now I'm in an auto all the time!

Given the way in which this alters the position of your feet relative to the seat, is it comfortable for extended periods of driving?

I once drove a Nissan QX in which I could not seem to get my feet in the right place relative to the seat and got terrible cramps in the inner thigh after a while.