Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brembo Discs Any Good?

maneesh

I might be able to get hold of new brembo discs for my GS, they would be drilled, grooved and zinc plated that bolt directly on to existing setup. The price is nice at 200 quid for front and rear.

I know it's much cheaper than list price, but are the Brembos any better than standard discs? :duh:

Yes, they are. They've been used for 500 miles, but are genuine. Cheers for the advice, well they are superior to Lexus discs since they are drilled and grooved..which will help with hard braking (bloody intake sounds so nice, I'm pedal to the metal most days!)

I would be interested at that price in need and on the look out for new discs too!

Where are they from maneesh?

It was gonna be a private sale with a US person. brembo discs come up for sale all the time on clublexus. In fact, I think you can get a pair for less than 90 quid from the dealers there, before shipping and VAT of course.

I'm now getting a quote from Rotora.com, who do big brake kits for Lexus. They sell the bit separately too. I've got a quote of slotted standard spec discs all round for 200 quid. I am seeing if perhaps we can do a group buy with them, as they've got a really good rep in the US. I know Mr Singh on here has fitted ROtora's big brake kit to his IS. I've fitted Rotoras stainless steel brake lines which have firmed up the pressure. Some US members have said that brembo OEM size discs have warped..

I'm also considering Black Diamond discs as used by Yoshi on his Aristo. See here for IS200 prices

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/pro...;sub_category=1

I might just upgrade the front discs and leave the rear as OEM, since the front's do most of the heavy braking.

A few ppl have got the DBA (disc brakes Austrailla) there pretty good, slotted and drilled, they are a bit more expensive tho, but have a neat colour code thing on the disc to tell you what temperature they are at.

Mine have warped but was down to my calipers sticking :(