Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Se Man With Multimedia Ordered...few Questions

-Is the DVD player region free?

-any codes out to allow the dvd player to play while vehicle in motion?

Welcome to LOC, you'll love the car as well.

As for the questions, not so nice..No and No are the answers as far as I know.

Rich.

There are no codes for the DVD playback whilst moving, but there is a hardware hack. Just check with your dealer before you attempt - I still think it could invalidate your warranty...and I wonder what your insurance company might say if it's discovered you played with this - it is illegal!!

Here : http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=31000

Welcome to LOC

Is there not software available now that will allow you to copy DVDs (obviously ones you already own) and remove the region coding?

There is indeed. I have it on my machine at home. I can't remember the name of it rigth now. Something like "DVD Backup"

Will allow you to "Backup" any DVD and remove the region set up. You will need a Dual Layer DVD burner to fit most films with their menus and extras onto one disk but you can backup just the move without the menus and most films will then fit on one disk. However films with a lot of CGI stuff like King Kong will have to be split across two disks.

Is there not software available now that will allow you to copy DVDs (obviously ones you already own) and remove the region coding?

There is indeed. I have it on my machine at home. I can't remember the name of it rigth now. Something like "DVD Backup"

Will allow you to "Backup" any DVD and remove the region set up. You will need a Dual Layer DVD burner to fit most films with their menus and extras onto one disk but you can backup just the move without the menus and most films will then fit on one disk. However films with a lot of CGI stuff like King Kong will have to be split across two disks.

"DVD shrink" do a google for it.... its free too !