Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is500 Spy Shots

:shutit: uh oh! they mentioned the 'carbriolet' word...i'd better start saving NOW! ;) (shouts to OH "beans on toast for the next 18 months OK dear?")

:D

looks like its sitting very low, looks great

I hope the fact that this has now appeared so many times, that it must now be a real car - although it will be a little odd if the only cars in the range are the IS250 and then this monster IS500 :duh:

Although if it really costs £40k, don't see any reason to buy anything else :)

BUT.....

you know what the press'll do to it...

I also heard it had 4WD and a low price tag...something like £40k, which means it's likely to be £10k less than a RS4, and about the same as the new M3...but will be loaded with everything...

Here's to hoping...

:blink: stop it, NO MORE! i will absolutely wet myself with the anticipation/excitement if you carry on with comments like this! :blush: :D

What engine will this beast have - is it a new one?

Maybe a bored out SC430 V8 with a big blower on

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh...

BLAT!. :winky:

Infinity............

...probably the 5.0litre V8 from the LS600h (without the "h" stuff of course), producing 430bhp.

That's about the same as the MSCSL being planned - 420ish BHP. Oh yes, the Lex will have 2 more doors too...

But they'll both have to fight the Audi RS4 4.2V8, which is just about the best engine in the world pound for pound, CC for CC...

When I went to pick up my car the saleman told me about this as "possibly" happening in the UK, not the IS350. So even Lexus sales know about it...

Brian :)

I never believe anything a Salesman does or does not tell me!!! :lol: All they know is how to swindle us poor plebs... :tomato:

HERE HERE !!!! Greedy F :tsktsk: kwits

BUT.....

I also heard it had 4WD and a low price tag...something like £40k, which means it's likely to be £10k less than a RS4, and about the same as the new M3...but will be loaded with everything...

Here's to hoping...

:blink: stop it, NO MORE! i will absolutely wet myself with the anticipation/excitement if you carry on with comments like this! :blush: :D

:o

BUT.....

Here's to hoping...

Like this you mean

quoted link to picture removed as requested - nice pic tho!

how much will the IS500 be I wonder? hopefully it will have recaro type seats with not too much electronic stuff weighing it down? and will be less than 40k in the UK? or is that too much to ask..........

How about these for renderings? http://www.japanesecarfans.com/spyphotos/6....001.Mini6L.jpg

http://www.autoblog.it/post/2064/a-detroit...coupe-cabiolet/

Lexus now appears ready to up the ante, and go head-to-head with the BMW M3, C-Class AMG, and Audi S/RS4 with this hot version of its IS sedan.

This prototype has all the necessary sporty cues: An aggressive front air dam that appears to take inspiration from Lexus' LF-A sports car, subtly integrated fender flares, and a deep rear bumper with uniquely stacked dual-exhaust tips. From an appearance standpoint, this high-performance Lexus looks like it can hold its own against the competition.

The most logical engine powering this beast would be the 4.6-liter V-8 introduced in the new Lexus LS460, which, if in the same state of tune, would mean 380 hp and 370 lb-ft of torque. Sources say that this engine could be tuned and tweaked for more power, but Lexus has been quite adamant that they won't get sucked into horsepower wars with their German competition.

By the looks of this prototype, though, it looks like there is now another player in the factory tuner game.

How about these for renderings?

6051205.001.Mini6L.jpg

http://www.autoblog.it/post/2064/a-detroit...coupe-cabiolet/

Lexus now appears ready to up the ante, and go head-to-head with the BMW M3, C-Class AMG, and Audi S/RS4 with this hot version of its IS sedan.

This prototype has all the necessary sporty cues: An aggressive front air dam that appears to take inspiration from Lexus' LF-A sports car, subtly integrated fender flares, and a deep rear bumper with uniquely stacked dual-exhaust tips. From an appearance standpoint, this high-performance Lexus looks like it can hold its own against the competition.

The most logical engine powering this beast would be the 4.6-liter V-8 introduced in the new Lexus LS460, which, if in the same state of tune, would mean 380 hp and 370 lb-ft of torque. Sources say that this engine could be tuned and tweaked for more power, but Lexus has been quite adamant that they won't get sucked into horsepower wars with their German competition.

By the looks of this prototype, though, it looks like there is now another player in the factory tuner game.

:sick:

Pretty sure Mat said this wasn't happening already... who knows!