Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Group Buy - Brake Discs

maneesh

Following on from my research into standard size replacement brake discs recently, I figured we could do with a group buy on discs (and perhaps fast road pads). Big brake kits would be perfect, but out of reach for many of us due to the price.

Still need to look into it further, but it may be that ordering from USA gets brands that are not available in Europe, or just a cheaper price on existing brands.

I'm going to get quotes for drilled/slotted discs which are an improvement on than standard Lexus discs, and cheaper too. They are usually zinc plated which means no visible surface rust, and they still look nice in winter.

Will look at Brembo/Rotora/Black Diamond/Stoptech.

If you are interested, please post your model, what you are after, front discs/rear discs/pads/stainless steel lines, and I can start the ball rolling.

I'm hoping if we can get interest from 20 or 30 members, we can get some HUGE discounts on world class products! Will not be charging above cost price too ;-)

Following on from my research into standard size replacement brake discs recently, I figured we could do with a group buy on discs (and perhaps fast road pads). Big brake kits would be perfect, but out of reach for many of us due to the price.

Still need to look into it further, but it may be that ordering from USA gets brands that are not available in Europe, or just a cheaper price on existing brands.

I'm going to get quotes for drilled/slotted discs which are an improvement on than standard Lexus discs, and cheaper too. They are usually zinc plated which means no visible surface rust, and they still look nice in winter.

Will look at Brembo/Rotora/Black Diamond/Stoptech.

If you are interested, please post your model, what you are after, front discs/rear discs/pads/stainless steel lines, and I can start the ball rolling.

I'm hoping if we can get interest from 20 or 30 members, we can get some HUGE discounts on world class products! Will not be charging above cost price too ;-)

I'd be interested in fronts and rears pref grooved and cross drilled with the goldy anodised look.

Id be interested, but would be nice to do business with Dave@ ProLex....... sure he can sort some stuff out......

........... :yawn:

As in, will he do a group buy! Nice to deal with people who are helpful, thats all.

As in, will he do a group buy! Nice to deal with people who are helpful, thats all.

OK, cool .... I just couldn't work out why you'd mention ProLex in someone else's Group Buy thread .... ;)

i too would be intrested in a big brake kit for my IS, drilled discs are a must. :D

this wasn't mean tto be for big brake kit, just for standard size discs that are better than lexus ones. i can look into big brake kits too though :duh:

• 1 month later...
BUMP

Any news on this as when my car was serviced they said brake pads will need renewing in about 5000 miles.

That was 300 miles ago, so 4700 to go :winky:

just for comparison i just changed my discs and pads all round to ebc grooved and green stuff pads you are looking at about £450 and another £50 if you want to change the anti squeal shims and sliding pins (pins are £8 each and anti squeal shim kit is £20)

BUMP

Any news on this as when my car was serviced they said brake pads will need renewing in about 5000 miles.

thanks for the reminder. will look into this again. :shifty:

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP

thanks for the reminder. will look into this again. :shifty:

Bump

Any news on this?