Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Mk1 Tyres

Jules

What tyres do other people have on their Mk1 GS300's ?

These are the 18" 245/40 tyres.

Last Wednesday it aqua planed through some puddles on the motorway which was not too nice, and on Saturday I had some fun with snow and ice.

I have never had a problem like this on other cars so got to assume it is the tyres.

At the moment the car has a P-Zero's on it.

Jules

I'm currently running Continental Conti Sport contacts.

They've proved excellent in the dry and quite hard wearing. I have to say that it's a different story in the wet though, even with 275's on the rear it takes no provocation at all to spin them up.

Happily I find the car very controllable so it just makes things more fun, so long as you know that you are going to lose the rear end if you are making quick starts or kicking down out of corners

Hi Jules.

Im running the same tyre and wheel sizes/make as yourself and have had no handling problems at all. The only thing I can fault them on is they tend to be a bit harsh on uneven road surfaces but thats down to the stiffer lowered suspension as well.

Great fun in the wet B)

Hi Guys

I am considering changing the standard 16" alloys on my GS300 Mk1. I would love some original Sport alloys but they are way outside my price range at present as I am about to fork out £600 to get the car lowered.

What size and type of wheels do you have on your cars. I would like to retain a reasonable ride and so have been looking at 17" rather than 18" but only seem to be able to get them in 7 1/2 " and 8" widths in the common aftermarket makes.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Keith Bowler

£600 to lower your car seems a bit expensive to me. Are they using gold plated springs. I was quoted £157 inc the tax mans slice for a set of springs from Saturn in Sheffield which utilised the standard shock set up. I didnt get them in the end because I came across someone breaking a sport and swapped them from that.

They are really easy to swap over B)

Well, Tuesday was real fun in the snow. so much that even the trains gave up so I went home. I did this and checked the tyres and one rear was well low on tread and the other was near to bald.

New tyres this weekend and I will see how it handles then :ohmy: