Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Say Your Prayers, They Can Come True

As most know my manager offers me about as much support as cactus underpants (thorns in). Everyday whilst being battered will unrelenting ignorance i mutter 'dishing rashing futher mucker' under my breath in the form of a prayer.

Yesterday i had a reply.. His house was struck by lightning :D

Now in this one in a million event what would be the worst damage to a single man?

Well it fried the:-

New TV

New DVD

New Video

Sky Sat box

Sky Telephone

And to add insult it blow up his new kettle..... it would seem the lightning hit the aerial..... the kettle was a bonus.

wim says: Oh dear,what a shame,never mind :shifty:

As most know my manager offers me about as much support as cactus underpants (thorns in). Everyday whilst being battered will unrelenting ignorance i mutter 'dishing rashing futher mucker' under my breath in the form of a prayer.

Now in this one in a million event what would be the worst damage to a single man?

New TV

New DVD

New Video

Sky Sat box

Sky Telephone

And to add insult it blow up his new kettle..... it would seem the lightning hit the aerial..... the kettle was a bonus.

well done tony,

all those instructions on how to wire up the aerial system to the mains came in handy then :winky:

i did wonder what you were going to do

let this be a warning to anyone else crossing your path :lol:

New TV

New DVD

New Video

Sky Sat box

Sky Telephone

He was luckier than I was when I was struck last year

Television

Sky box

Dvd player

Video recorder

Computer

Telephone

Fax machine

Boiler

Sky dish

T V arial

One Double glazed window

And a partridge in a pear tree :D

Only material things......my superior is not short of a m£ll or two.......shame he don't recognise the good staff who line his pockets, no doubt the same situation as you mate but none the less, a smile to your face is better than nothing!

Only material things......my superior is not short of a m£ll or two.......shame he don't recognise the good staff who line his pockets, no doubt the same situation as you mate but none the less, a smile to your face is better than nothing!

Hopefully when we're all 'superiors' we won't make the same mistakes as them... :yawn:

Cheers team..... tiss totally satisfying to know 'mutterings' under employed breath can come true :D

I can imagine him now.... no tv...dvd...vid...phone...sat... 'knitting' :D Oh drinking lemon juice since the kettle is in space...... Bazza was there as we learned of the events from the managers mouth... Bazza installed reassuring words since he is a 'sparks' like 'No mate tiss all toast' :whistling: Today has been a good day :P

Hopefully when we're all 'superiors' we won't make the same mistakes as them... :yawn:

Yeah, I do hope so. Peaves me off, quick to moan and slow to praise! Yet, my MD would be the first to admit he couldnt do our job....... :tsktsk:

Cheers team..... tiss totally satisfying to know 'mutterings' under employed breath can come true :D

I can imagine him now.... no tv...dvd...vid...phone...sat... 'knitting' :D Oh drinking lemon juice since the kettle is in space...... Bazza was there as we learned of the events from the managers mouth... Bazza installed reassuring words since he is a 'sparks' like 'No mate tiss all toast' :whistling: Today has been a good day :P

tony you forgot to mention he wasnt insured :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh yeah!........I forgot about that... He's not insured for natural disasters.... like flood, hurricane...... lightning :D Maybe i am being a little cynical relishing in someones misfortunes :crybaby: .... but yet again maybe not :D Patience is definitely a virtue.

Oh yeah!........I forgot about that... He's not insured for natural disasters.... like flood, hurricane...... lightning :D Maybe i am being a little cynical relishing in someones misfortunes :crybaby: .... but yet again maybe not :D Patience is definitely a virtue.

Human nature :D

What a tosspot. I always thought that the first thing you did was insure the House and contents

Wow, didn't know that could happen, our aerial has been struck by lightning before, but all it needed was a new aerial (thought they're supposed to conduct electricity away :unsure: )

Perhaps more powerful forces were at work here.......tony? :whistling::lol:

yeah like disconnecting the airal during a storm... or making the doc work with a gag in his mouth so no voodo can issue forth from it ;)

Hi,

Thats Truly SHOCKING news Tony :D

'Rewenge' is bliss :D .... In truth i am sorry that all the new entertainment systems were fried... i wouldn't truly wish that on anyone...... But :P i have to personally (secretly) admit some satisfaction for the 'chance' lighting strike.... how ironic

So what happens to house wiring in these events?........some damage must happen........???????

OOOOOO....commin up to 1000 posts...........

Sorry....OFF topic :)

So what happens to house wiring in these events?........some damage must happen........???????

I'm not a 'sparks' so don't quote me on this, but if the bolt hit the ring main then i think the house would catch fire..... we feel the Ariel was struck since it was the link between the entertainment centre..... plus the wall plug still works.

I'm not a 'sparks' so don't quote me on this, but if the bolt hit the ring main then i think the house would catch fire..... we feel the Ariel was struck since it was the link between the entertainment centre..... plus the wall plug still works.

the lightning is basically just finding a path to earth

thats why tall buildings, churches etc have lightning conductors, basically a low resistance path from the highest point to earth, have a look for spikes at the top of buildings !

when a domestic house gets struck, normally through the aerial system, the high voltage passes through the most direct route to earth, metalwork, wiring, and anything in close approximetly can become energised with very high voltages, all but for a few milli seconds, the longer it takes the more damage will occur

anything supseptible to spikes , ie microprocessors generally get toasted

yes wiring does get damaged, and fires do start, i have seen fuseboxes literally blown of the wall !

this is one of the reasons to make sure you have a good earthing system within the house,