Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pristine Wheel Refurb In Doncaster

kensigreen

Hi

One of the things that attracted me to the IS in the first place was the look of it standard. One of the highlights for me has always been the five spoke alloys which look the business B)

Unfortunately as many of you will know they dont stay that way for long.

BEFORE

IMAG0616.jpg

Any marks you can see are just water drops.

IMAG0619.jpg

After owning my IS for over a year and a half I have been dying to get the wheels sorted but have been put of by

a] not having any recomened companies in the area to do them

and

b] never having an opportunity to be without my car for a few days while the wheels are removed and refurbed.

After hearing good reports about Pristine I wanted them to do the job but it was 2 hours away from me (not exactly convienient). Then looking on their web site I saw they have the exchange program which made it a possiblility but I would still have to right off a day to drive down to Milton Keynes, then I noticed the fact that they had agents around the country.

Sorry wafferling a bit.... :blush:

Anyway a quick call later and after all this time it turned out Pristine had an ageent 0.7 miles from my work in Doncaster!

They're called Tyre Torque 01302 88883 talk to Brian.

Anyway cause they were round the corner I popped in. Brian put in the call to Pristine and yes they had some they could send and he even took the time to take off a wheel as that was the best way to ensure the correct size was sent (apparently the five spoke is 7 or 7.5 wide (I didn't know that, and must admit wondered why there are two sizes, comments welcome!)

So that was Monday and I was expecting a call by the end of the week. On Wednesday I got the call so dropped the car of on Thurs morning. Specified which wheel i wanted to keep (only got 4 refurbs cause one is hardly used) all the tyre swopping was no trouble for Brian.

I picked it up at lunch time and was well cuffed with the new additions. The misses nicked the car that evening and I had to stand and watch it drive off all the way down the road cause it looked the buisness again!

AFTER

IMAG0621.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

Cost was £55 per wheel which included fitting, swapping tyres and balancing, I noticed that Tyre Torque have a nice mordern looking balancing machine and after a quick blast down the motorway confirmed without a doubt that everthing is running smooth as a babies bum :) (hardly any garage seems to do a good job of balancing wheels round here so well pleased) They are also general mechanics despite the name and have quoted me £90 labour for a cam belt change. Result!

Ok some of you have got your wheels done plenty cheaper, but for me, having a rocommend company do the job with all that convienence too was well worth it.

Any down sides?.. well if I'm nit picking..I can see they have put on quite a bit of weight on some of the wheels which makes me worry that the "new" refurbs may not be very straight, but of cause thay are not brand spankers so probably can expect it?

All in, I'm well pleased, well worth £220 for the satisfaction as it has lifted the appearence of the whole car, and would not be surprised if you could squeeze andother c.£220 out of future buyers of the car anyway. Not that I want to sell her now :D

Anyway gone on a bit... but have had a great service from Tyre Torque and Prestine. So get on with it, there is no longer a reason for any IS to run around without that bling that attracted us in the first place (as long as theres a Pristine agent in your area :P )

now I've done the wheels... maybe now some eibachs.. minus 30mm will look even better???...the bug starting to bite :whistling:

Well done Pristine and Tyre Torque!

• 9 months later...

I know there is a Pristine ALloy Wheel palcein Wobrun Sands (Milton Keynes) and they do have a very good reputation. Owned a Golf VR6 not so long ago and they did an absolutely stunning job of the BBS cross-spoke wheels. I paid £200 for my 4 rims (incl. mounting etc.) but used their 'economy service' (which emant had to leave the car with them for about 3 days). OK if you're local and have use of another vehicle.

Stunning job you have had done, looks right and proper. Remember the £50 that msot palces charge is for cosmetic repair only...these would ahve been properly treated and stripped andalthed etc. so they are like new.

Look good :)

• 4 months later...
Hi

One of the things that attracted me to the IS in the first place was the look of it standard. One of the highlights for me has always been the five spoke alloys which look the business B)

Unfortunately as many of you will know they dont stay that way for long.

BEFORE

IMAG0616.jpg

Any marks you can see are just water drops.

IMAG0619.jpg

After owning my IS for over a year and a half I have been dying to get the wheels sorted but have been put of by

a] not having any recomened companies in the area to do them

and

b] never having an opportunity to be without my car for a few days while the wheels are removed and refurbed.

After hearing good reports about Pristine I wanted them to do the job but it was 2 hours away from me (not exactly convienient). Then looking on their web site I saw they have the exchange program which made it a possiblility but I would still have to right off a day to drive down to Milton Keynes, then I noticed the fact that they had agents around the country.

Sorry wafferling a bit.... :blush:

Anyway a quick call later and after all this time it turned out Pristine had an ageent 0.7 miles from my work in Doncaster!

They're called Tyre Torque 01302 88883 talk to Brian.

Anyway cause they were round the corner I popped in. Brian put in the call to Pristine and yes they had some they could send and he even took the time to take off a wheel as that was the best way to ensure the correct size was sent (apparently the five spoke is 7 or 7.5 wide (I didn't know that, and must admit wondered why there are two sizes, comments welcome!)

So that was Monday and I was expecting a call by the end of the week. On Wednesday I got the call so dropped the car of on Thurs morning. Specified which wheel i wanted to keep (only got 4 refurbs cause one is hardly used) all the tyre swopping was no trouble for Brian.

I picked it up at lunch time and was well cuffed with the new additions. The misses nicked the car that evening and I had to stand and watch it drive off all the way down the road cause it looked the buisness again!

AFTER

IMAG0621.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

Cost was £55 per wheel which included fitting, swapping tyres and balancing, I noticed that Tyre Torque have a nice mordern looking balancing machine and after a quick blast down the motorway confirmed without a doubt that everthing is running smooth as a babies bum :) (hardly any garage seems to do a good job of balancing wheels round here so well pleased) They are also general mechanics despite the name and have quoted me £90 labour for a cam belt change. Result!

Ok some of you have got your wheels done plenty cheaper, but for me, having a rocommend company do the job with all that convienence too was well worth it.

Any down sides?.. well if I'm nit picking..I can see they have put on quite a bit of weight on some of the wheels which makes me worry that the "new" refurbs may not be very straight, but of cause thay are not brand spankers so probably can expect it?

All in, I'm well pleased, well worth £220 for the satisfaction as it has lifted the appearence of the whole car, and would not be surprised if you could squeeze andother c.£220 out of future buyers of the car anyway. Not that I want to sell her now :D

Anyway gone on a bit... but have had a great service from Tyre Torque and Prestine. So get on with it, there is no longer a reason for any IS to run around without that bling that attracted us in the first place (as long as theres a Pristine agent in your area :P )

now I've done the wheels... maybe now some eibachs.. minus 30mm will look even better???...the bug starting to bite :whistling:

Well done Pristine and Tyre Torque!

How are they looking a a year or so later? Interested to know, I gave up doing Diamond cut wheels because the finish failed too quickly

Cheers pxwheels