Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gee I Just Got This New Is 250 And Have Few Questions...

Hi there!

Firstly I would like to thank you to all guys that were so helpful and answered all my questions! I have this car since yesterday and I am v satisfy so far, although I still find the price too high for this car. :P (maybe I have this feeling because this is the most expesnive car I ever had)

I've got IS 250 -luxury vesrion with MM. i wanted to post even some pics, but I didnt know that I will need URL. I supposed that I will be able to upload them here. SO maybe next time! :winky:

My question is about lights. I noticed that they don't automatically turn on as they did when I had mercedes. IS it possible to reprogram it that they will always automatically turn on after I START the car?

The next question is voice control. I noticed that I can controll with voice: audio and map and what about phone? Can I controll even phone with that?

I hope u let me know asap!

Thx guys!

~Kate :)

The lights can be programmed for sensitivity I had mine done because they weren’t coming on early enough in my opinion. I dont think they can be programmed to come on with the ignition though.

As for the phone if your phone is Bluetooth compatible and links in with the MM system you can set up to 10 numbers (from memory) to be voice activated.

When this is done just push the speech button and say “dial by name”

Hi there!

Firstly I would like to thank you to all guys that were so helpful and answered all my questions! I have this car since yesterday and I am v satisfy so far, although I still find the price too high for this car. :P (maybe I have this feeling because this is the most expesnive car I ever had)

I've got IS 250 -luxury vesrion with MM. i wanted to post even some pics, but I didnt know that I will need URL. I supposed that I will be able to upload them here. SO maybe next time! :winky:

My question is about lights. I noticed that they don't automatically turn on as they did when I had mercedes. IS it possible to reprogram it that they will always automatically turn on after I START the car?

The next question is voice control. I noticed that I can controll with voice: audio and map and what about phone? Can I controll even phone with that?

Thx guys!

On the light switch there is a mode called auto, set it to that and the lights will come on at start, turn off when you park and leave your car.

On the light switch there is a mode called auto, set it to that and the lights will come on at start, turn off when you park and leave your car.

That's assuming she has daytime running lights which you have. If it's like in the UK the AUTO setting only turns on the lights when it gets sufficiently dark.

The lights can be programmed for sensitivity I had mine done because they weren’t coming on early enough in my opinion. I dont think they can be programmed to come on with the ignition though.

As for the phone if your phone is Bluetooth compatible and links in with the MM system you can set up to 10 numbers (from memory) to be voice activated.

When this is done just push the speech button and say “dial by name”

And then answer at least two more questions before the bl**dy woman actually dials it for you ! Much quicker and easier to touch the screen...and that another thing, why don't we get a choice of voices - she is really gonna get on my t**s soon. Sorry.....I am "having one" you know !!

Hi there!

Thx guys!

Only when its dark, I think he means daylight running lights like the volvos ?

Well I like to use lights even during the day cuz of safety and I asked my dealer about it and he said that it is not possible to reprogram it! :crybaby: I cann't believe it! I was used to have lights always on after I started the car. And it was on my mercedes that was cheaper so I expected that Lexus will has it obviosly too... Maybe I am too spoiled :P I know its not a big deal, but when u get used to something (especially what u like) then u don't wanna change it... :D

I was even thinking about hiding the sensor with something so car will think that is dark lol but what if there are more sensors and I hide even sensor for raining? :question:

Actually yesterday was raining and I had my 1st chance to see that "raining sensor" and I was pretty mad cuz there were too many raindrops on my window that I could nothing see and the "raining sensor" was still off... And suddenly it has woken up and started to work properly :excl: I have really bad luck I guess...

I noticed that phone is working just when the car stand. Is it same with ur car guys? I mean people can call me even when I drive, but when I wanna call I cann't use it while I drive. Maybe its cuz of safety same as DVD? :unsure:

Besides the lights I am satisfy with this car.... But that light leather will be soon v dirty... Can u advice me some special sprays plz?

Thank you.

~Kat :winky:

Kate the sensor for rain and lights are different, on;ly one for lights and it's on the top of the dash recessed in the air vent for the windscreen. Give it a try for a day or two. Phone works on the move but you have to save the numbers on the speed dail function ( look at manual ).